Tuesday, 15 October 2013 14:59
As we start the last part of this article, it is Viable Option’s prayer that its readers will truly listen and reflect.
As Peter preached, his words pierced the heart of his listeners, and they said to him and to the other disciples, “Brothers, what should we do?” Peter replied, “Each of you must repent of your sins, turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ to show that you have received forgiveness of your sins. Those who believed what Peter said were baptized and added to the church that day – about 3,000 in all.
The believers formed a community. All of them devoted themselves to the apostle’s teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper), and to prayer. Peter continued preaching for a long time strongly urging his listeners, “Save yourselves from this crooked generation!”
How about our generation today? Last Saturday it’s Fiesta day for Zamboanga Hermosa honoring Mary, mother of our Lord Jesus Christ, and surely a godly mother indeed! Happy pa ba el Fiesta del Sabado? It’s not religion that saves and brings peace and life of contentment and joy, but our relationship with the Son of the living God – Jesus Christ.
The Bible tells us that during the “transfiguration” of Jesus, a loud voice of his Father in heaven was heard saying, “This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased” and He commanded – Listen to him! The Lord says, He is the Shepherd and Vine and we are the sheeps and the branches. In John 15:5 He declared: “Apart from Him, we are nothing.” John 14:6 reads: “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one come to the Father but by me.”
And John 3:16 God offered us life in eternal glory through his only Son Jesus Christ. “He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave him power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name (John 1: 11-12).
The problem: Will you believe it? Will you accept it? In a nutshell, such is the Gospel of Truth and Love. Quo Vadis Zamboanga? The fiesta may not be happy but let’s pray for a happy true Christian life in Christ Jesus. Let’s establish and maintain the shepherd-sheep and vine-branches relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. As the Mayor says, Vaya Con Dios and TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!
By Bro. Paeng Santos
- 17/10/2013 15:15 - Conditions for land reclamations under RA 7160
- 17/10/2013 15:13 - Not water-proof, though
- 15/10/2013 15:06 - Villa Medica revisited: I saw stem cell "harvest"
- 15/10/2013 15:02 - NBI probing judicial corruption: can it be done?
- 15/10/2013 15:01 - UN alarms world of severe water shortage by 2030, and the answer is…
- 14/10/2013 16:28 - The gospel of truth and love
- 13/10/2013 00:00 - City mom is upset!
- 13/10/2013 00:00 - The gospel of truth and love
- 10/10/2013 13:46 - Off to Germany -- for stem cell
- 10/10/2013 13:45 - Probe PNoy’s pork, too; Christians vs. PDAF, DAP