Sunday, 08 December 2013 00:00
God made man perfectly holy and happy; and the fair earth, as it came from the Creator’s hand, have no disease that prevents growth or destroys. It is transgression of God’s law – the law of love – that has brought grief, misery and death. Yet even the suffering that results from sin, God’s love is revealed.
The world, though fallen, is not all sorrow and misery. In nature itself are messages of hope and comfort. There are flowers upon the thistles, and the thorns are covered with roses. Nature and revelations alike testify of God’s love.
Our Father in heaven is the source of life, of wisdom, and joy. Look at the wonderful and beautiful things of nature. Think of their marvellous adaptation to the needs and happiness, not only of man, but of all living creatures. The sunshine and the rain, that gladden and refresh the earth, the hills and the seas and plains, all speak to us of the Creator’s love. It is God who supplies the daily needs of all His creature.
“God is love.” God has bound our hearts to Him by unnumbered tokens in heaven and in earth. Through the things of nature, and the deepest and tenderest earthly ties that human hearts can know. He has sought to reveal Himself to us.
The Son of God came from heaven to make manifest the Father. (Take note of John 1:1, & 14) John, the Baptist, testified concerning Him and exclaimed, “This was the One of whom I said, “The One coming after me ranks ahead of me, because He was before me” (John 1:15).
“No man had seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He had declared Him” (John 1:18). “Neither anyone truly knows the Father except the Son and to those to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him” (Matthew 11:27).
His life was one of self-denial and thoughtful care for others. Every soul was precious in His eyes. While He ever bore Himself with divine dignity, He bowed with the tenderest regard to every member of the family of God. In all men He saw fallen souls whom it was His mission to save.
All of us, like sheep have strayed away. We have left God’s paths of righteousness to follow our own. Yet the Lord laid on him the sins of us all. (Isaiah 53:6) The spotless Son of God took upon Himself the burden of sin. Jesus came to save!
TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY
By Bro. Paeng Santos
- 09/12/2013 16:38 - “Dinumdum ko ikaw” (I Remember You) Tacloban
- 09/12/2013 16:37 - For congressmen who want GMA out on Christmas
- 09/12/2013 16:36 - Cong. Lilia Nuño wants full probe on fake SARO
- 08/12/2013 00:00 - Remove SC control over lawyers?
- 08/12/2013 00:00 - Crisis hits ZC due to no archbishop; who you recommend?
- 05/12/2013 15:53 - “Son of God”, the 2014 movie
- 05/12/2013 15:51 - Keeping pace with the educational transformation in the K-12 curriculum
- 05/12/2013 15:49 - GUESS our city’s richest Dept. Head?
- 03/12/2013 00:00 - Angry at media? Enrile shows how
- 03/12/2013 00:00 - Lacson and the spirituality of rehabilitation