Sunday, 06 April 2014 00:00
5 years ago, 28-year old Jamira Z. Omar found herself planning her career path as a Staff Nurse in Saudi Arabia. As a registered nurse, she wanted to experience what practically most of the nursing graduates would want to achieve – be successful by working abroad.
Little did she know that success would come from her own native land.
In 2011, she applied for a loan under the 2B Reintegration Loan Program of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) to realize her dream business which was conceived way back when she was still a high school freshman.
Omar attended the orientation in OWWA Manila where she learned about the 2B Reintegration Loan Program. When they moved to Zamboanga, she and her family visited OWWA Region 9 to learn more about the program.
Soon after her application was granted, they already started the establishment of her dream business, a water-refilling station. “It was and still is a need at dun sa area saan namin naisip ipatayo ang negosyo, wala masyadong kakompetensya.
So we grabbed the opportunity,” says Omar. A big signage that says “Water Market Refilling Station” was set up right in front of their residence where their business is located. As of this writing, the parents of Jackaria are managing the business in Zamboanga while her siblings are looking after their water refilling business in Manila.
“Nagpapasalamat kame sa OWWA na natulungan nila kame ipatayo tong negosyo. Ang advice ko sa mga gustong umasenso din, magplano sila, mag-attend sila ng entrepreneurship training na binibigay ng OWWA at kung maaari, sana yung pwesto kung saan nila ipapatayo yung negosyo ay sa kanila mismo para yung kita, hindi na mapunta sa renta o bayad sa upa,” Omar added.
Right now, Jackaria and Myrna, dependents of OFW Jamira Omar, are looking for an opportunity of putting up another branch once they are settled with their finances with LandBank.
- 08/04/2014 16:25 - WHY Zamcelco opts for CAMEC over LIN Man
- 08/04/2014 16:24 - Life-changing radio program at INC radio
- 05/04/2014 00:00 - WHO issues deadly health warning
- 07/04/2014 14:30 - What RP needs is to be “born of God”
- 07/04/2014 14:29 - 98 Hog-tied Barangays
- 06/04/2014 00:00 - 3-yr. old evacuee contracted with gonorrhea is shocking!
- 06/04/2014 00:00 - Will Jinggoy & Bong return?
- 04/04/2014 00:00 - (Dist. 1) Indigents:“Where can we find Cong. Celso?”
- 04/04/2014 00:00 - Ombudsman decision on “pork” unconstitutional
- 04/04/2014 00:00 - Brinkmanship: China’s dangerous game