Tuesday, 12 August 2014 13:46
(BY: BRO. PAENG SANTOS) In Ephesians 3:18. Paul “treats the love of God as a cube, having breath and length, depth and height… a perfection of form. Every side of a cube is a perfect square, and every angle it presents the same appearance.”
The Width of God’s Love. His outstretched arms encompass all humanity (John 3:16). His Love removes our sins “as far as the east from the west” (Psalm 103:12).
The Height of His Love. “As the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward us” (Psalm 103:11). The depth of His Love is reaching down to the most horrid and hopeless sinner and the Length of His Love is Eternal, providing His children with everlasting life.
Someone wrote a song, How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breath and height my soul can reach… “But only God loves us with infinite dimensions. He loves you to an endless degree.
To be able to respond to his great and perfect love, He gives us the greatest treasure in all creation: a heart. He enables us to love. For God intends that we should be his intimate allies.
It is our deepest need, as human beings, to learn to live intimately with God. It is what we were made for. In the beginning, before the fall of humanity, there was a paradise called Eden. In that garden of life as it was meant to be, there lived the first man and woman.
Their story is important to us because what they were, and whatever they had, we also were meant to be and to have. And what they enjoyed above all other delights of that place was this – they walked with God. They talked with him, and he with them. For this you and I were made. Intimacy - this we must recover!
But the heart is central. A life without heart is not worth living. It is in our heart that we first hear the voice of God and it is in the heart that we come to know him and learn to live in his love. To lose heart is to lose everything.
All of this happiness we have ever known and all of the happiness we hope to find is unreachable without a heart. You could not live or love or laugh or cry had God not given us a heart.
Deuteronomy 6:5 reads: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.” Jesus called this the greatest of all the commandments – notice that the heart comes first. So… Where is your heart?
TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY
- 14/08/2014 11:49 - THE council is to blame!
- 13/08/2014 13:38 - The historical injustices on Bangsa-Sug of Sulu Sultanate
- 13/08/2014 13:37 - PNoy’s ratings to slide some more
- 13/08/2014 13:35 - Our nomads should even be protected
- 12/08/2014 13:48 - My unforgettables with Mar Roxas
- 12/08/2014 13:43 - PNoy gives out pork barrel to fight impeachment
- 12/08/2014 13:40 - ZC’s watershed gravely encroached by ‘minorities’
- 11/08/2014 14:07 - So near and yet so far away
- 11/08/2014 11:53 - The Bangsa-Sug freedom fighters fought to defy the invasion of Spaniards, and later the Americans to Sulu Sultanate territory
- 11/08/2014 11:22 - Tigbalabag ‘snake’ road in danger of collapse