Monday, 29 September 2014 14:50
(BY: BOVIC LUCERO) I would like to salute, honor and pay tribute to all those group of individuals who unselfishly serve other people regardless of who they are, all in the name of humanity. One such group is the “Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) or Doctors Without Borders, it is a French-founded (now international and federal) humanitarian-aid non-governmental organization, and Nobel Peace Prize laureate, best known for its projects in war-torn regions and developing countries facing endemic diseases. Its headquarters are in Geneva, Switzerland. The organization is known in most of the world by its French name or simply as MSF, but in Canada and the United States the name Doctors Without Borders is commonly used. In 2007 over 26,000, mostly local, doctors, nurses and other medical professionals, logistical experts, water and sanitation engineers and administrators provided medical aid in over 60 countries. These doctors and nurses decided to volunteer their time to solve issues of world health.” In the wake of the Yolanda disaster that struck the country, they were also present helping out Filipinos. Most recently, MSF is assisting North African countries in the fight against the dreaded Ebola virus.
Médecins Sans Frontières was created in 1971, in the aftermath of the Biafra secession, by a small group of French doctors and journalists who believed that all people have the right to medical care regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation, and that the needs of these people outweigh respect for national borders.” May they be the medicinal rod against catastrophic and fatal diseases engulfing mankind globally!
There are also those groups of people whose work and mission affect the lives of others, that crosses the borders without respect to humankind’s culture, values and morals and destroys societies in their aftermath and they do not deserve any praises but rather should heap condemnations and placed behind bars. These are the so-called “Doctors of Corruption, Manipulation, Conspiracy, Selfishness, Egotism, Propaganda, Gimmickry, Lip Service and of course we have the so-called Spin Doctors.” These are the people with “blinders” whose sights are only focused on aggrandizing and enriching themselves or their masters at the expense of the law-abiding and morally upright others. These people are beset with an incurable disease that only a Divine miracle can save them from falling into the Abyss of Hades! Mind you, some, if not all of them goes to church regularly to beseech for a dose of distorted penance.
(For your comments, please E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30/09/2014 11:50 - Thy Will Be Done! Nothing more nothing less nothing else
- 30/09/2014 11:49 - MARINA R-IX leads 2014 National Week Celebration September 21-28, 2014
- 30/09/2014 11:47 - It is spirituality, not economics, stupid!
- 30/09/2014 11:44 - ZAMCELCO should explain everything
- 29/09/2014 14:53 - A kind of educational leader that we need today
- 29/09/2014 14:49 - Cult of the mirror
- 29/09/2014 14:47 - (Gas scam): NILO finally tells all!
- 29/09/2014 14:22 - Happy Teachers’ Day and God bless!
- 27/09/2014 13:28 - September 9, 2015, “A day of remembrance” -Mayor Beng; Law on cleanliness, needs refinement
- 27/09/2014 13:27 - PNoy’s underspending & 2016 polls