Civil Society Organizations preparing for UN Interfaith Harmony Week celebration; Interreligious Solidarity for Peace (ISP) celebrated solidarity night, with messages of hope
Saturday, 27 December 2014 13:34
“When there is no peace within, there is no peace without”
- Seyyed Hossein Nasr, The Heart of Islam
“The challenges still facing human society today is how to worship God without dividing ourselves and how to institutionalize such a unified understanding”
- Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, What’s Right with Islam. (2004)
# # #
The Interreligious Solidarity for Peace (ISP) headed by Fr. Angel Calvo CMF, Lead Convener, jointly with Atty. Paulino Ersando, Evangelical Convener, Dr. Pendarun Talib, IP Convener, and this writer, invited the partners of ISP to a Solidarity Night at the Claret Gymnasium last December 21, 2014 at 6:00 o’clock in the evening. It was an evening of fellowship with the partner organizations.
# # #
Messages of peace and hope were delivered by Fr. Angel Calvo, Dr. Grace Rebollos, Atty. Paulino Ersando, represented by Pastr. Palis, Mayor Beng Climaco, rep by Mr. Art Onrubia, Mrs. Juanita Cabugatan, President, PAKAZA, Hon. Pilarica Ledesma, rep. By Mrs. Josephine B. Sanchez, Mr. Teddy Kahil, Pres. PWD, Mrs. Soraya Sali, IDP from Grandstand and Abdul- Jafar Ghaffar Linta Akay Kalinga Child, and this writer.
# # #
The UN Interfaith Harmony Week 2015, with Silsilah Dialogue Movement as lead agency headed by Fr. Sebastian D. Ambra, PIME will celebrate the Interfaith Harmony 2015 starting February 1-27, 2015 with partners which confirmed its participations among those:
- Deped (Division) Office
- Lima Elementary School
- Golden Crescent Consortium of Peace Builders and Affiliates
- Peace and Human Security Institute (WMSU)
- IFCL- Zamboanga City
- IRD Commission, Archdiocese of Zamboanga
- Ateneo de Zamboanga University
- City DILG
- Office of the City Mayor- Interfaith Council
- City Police Office
- Commission on Human Rights Regional Office- O9
# # #
The Interfaith Harmony Week is not only a UN Declaration but it is also supported by Executive Order No. 626 dated June 4, 2007 by the President of the Philippines and RA 10525 otherwise known as the World Interfaith Harmony Week. Ordinance No. 420 S. 2013 as the Interfaith Council Ordinance in Zamboanga City was enacted as a result of that infamous MNLF Seige of 9 September 2013, hence, the Celebration has legal imprimatur.
# # #
Reprinted below was my message during the Solidarity Night last December 21, 2014 at the Claret High School Gymnasium.
In Solidarity with God’s Creation; The Greetings of Peace In Gods Name
By: Prof. Ali T. Yacub, Al-Hj
President, Golden Crescent Consortium of Peace Builders and Affiliates
On the Occasion of Solidarity Night
Date: December 21, 2014
Venue: Claret High School, Zamboanga City
In Allah’s Most Exalted Name, My Greetings of Assalamualaykum, a Universal Greeting of Peace In Islam which means:
- Salaam is the source and destination of all creation
- According to the Prophet’s Hadith Adam’s first greeting was to a group of angels “peace be upon you” and they (angels) replied: “Peace and Allah’s Mercy be upon you”. This is how muslims greet each other, including to the dead in the graves.
- It is the greeting with peace that the faithful will receive on entering heaven God (Allah) says: “Lo! Those who observe taqwa (fear of God) are among gardens and water springs and it is said to them” enter then in peace, secure” (Holy Qur’an, 15:45-46)
It is the Quranic greeting to Allah’s Prophets and Messenger, example:
- Peace be unto Noah among the peoples (37/120)
- Peace be unto Abraham (37/109)
- Peace be unto Moses and Aaron 37/120)
- Peace be unto Elias (37/120)
- Peace on me (Jesus), the day I was born and the day, I die, and the day I shall be raised alive
Whenever the Holy Prophet of Allah (peace be upon him) finished his prayers, he would beg forgiveness three times, say “O Allah! You are Peace, and peace comes from You. Blessed be You, O Possessor of Glory and Honour, the Prophet says: “O people spread peace, (feed the needy), be good to your relatives and offer prayer when others are asleep. This makes you enter paradise in peace.
# # #
(to be continued next issue) #
- 29/12/2014 13:26 - “The Dark Knight”
- 29/12/2014 13:24 - Ghost from the past:
- 29/12/2014 13:21 - A fire and a drug-bust on the weekend
- 29/12/2014 13:17 - (Hotel exec. upbeat):“Business to bloom under Mayor Beng”
- 27/12/2014 13:35 - Civil Society Organizations preparing for UN Interfaith Harmony Week celebration; Interreligious Solidarity for Peace (ISP) celebrated solidarity night, with messages of hope
- 27/12/2014 13:33 - Travels Peaked On Dec. 24
- 27/12/2014 13:30 - DISGRUNTLED media group to form their own press club?
- 23/12/2014 11:27 - Something missing in Christmas fetes
- 23/12/2014 11:26 - Coalition or collision?
- 23/12/2014 11:11 - CONG. Lilia Nuño’s wishes for 2015