Saturday, 07 February 2015 14:13
(BY: JESS G. DUREZA) “ The pertinent provision of the implementing guidelines on the ceasefire agreement signed on 15 February 2012 between the GPH Chair Marvic Leonen and MILF Mohagher Iqbal clearly states:
“6. Except for operations against high priority targets, a list of which shall be provided by the GPH Panel to the MILF Panel, the AHJAG shall inform the GPH and the MILF CCCH at least 24 hours prior to the conduct of the AFP/PNP operations in order to allow sufficient time for the evacuation of civilians and to avoid armed confrontation between the GPH and MILF forces”
The clear language speaks for itself. It clearly exempts the GPH operating units in cases of operations against the likes of MARWAN. In fact, the SAF informed others of the top secret operations AFTER THE FACT to prevent the operations from being compromised, learning from previous failed operations in the past. Otherwise, they would have not successfully bagged HPT MARWAN.
However, I received today a phone call today from GPH Panel Chair Miriam Coronel- Ferrer clarifying that although that provision can be interpreted as giving exemption, however on the operational level, prior coordination is a MUST. And this has been the operating procedure downloaded to all AFP/ PNP units.
Although I maintain the same position that prior coordination is not necessary in operations against HPT as clearly provided in the said provision, I yield to the clarification of Chair Ferrer who is now privy and authoritative on internal matters in the peace process. I am no longer there.”
- 08/02/2015 14:34 - (Sharing Time): “Not all those who say Lord, Lord will be saved..”
- 08/02/2015 14:33 - Jesus: always God, never a man!
- 07/02/2015 14:22 - Inconsistencies on Marwan’s death
- 07/02/2015 14:21 - A planned oust to the Aquino gov’t.
- 07/02/2015 14:18 - ARE those birds’ droppings in downtown safe or not?
- 06/02/2015 14:42 - “Mother of all corruptions”, said Alavar
- 06/02/2015 14:41 - Charlie, Kim react differently to Elong’s privilege speech
- 06/02/2015 14:40 - “Give Marwan reward money to SAF families”
- 06/02/2015 14:37 - Congress, root-cause first!
- 05/02/2015 11:49 - It only fell to a car’s hood