Friday, 06 March 2015 11:30
(BY: REX G. MIRAVITE) The following references are some fundamental causes of winning or losing in the battlefield according to ZUN TZU, strategy expert in China more than 2000 years ago in his book entitled “The Art of WAR” in relation to Mamasapano fallen 44 tragedy.
“When the generals are weak and lack authority instructions are not clear officers and soldiers lack consistency.”
“When the generals cannot assess opponents, clash with more powerful forces, and do not sort out the forces of skill among their own troops. These are the ones who get beaten.”
“If you know yourself but not the other, of if you know the other but not yourself, in either case you cannot be sure of victory.”
“When you know what is to others advantage and what is to your advantage, you are not in danger.”
“If you enter deeply into other’s land, past many cities and towns. This is called heavy ground. This is ground from which it is hard to return.”
“When you survive if you fight quickly and perish if you do not, this is called dying ground.”
The Mamasapano operation was driven by greed which resulted to an unredeemable embarrassment and humiliation to the PNP organization.
Strategies never become obsolete.
It is a matter of using the right strategy, in the right time and in the right place.
Some more to follow.###
- 07/03/2015 14:17 - Not silk but nylon
- 07/03/2015 14:16 - Folly of negotiating peace in Mindanao
- 06/03/2015 11:38 - Good service from gov’t employees is alive
- 06/03/2015 11:37 - Why armed groups proliferate
- 06/03/2015 11:32 - Illegal gambling, 2 were busted
- 05/03/2015 13:19 - Summer crisis
- 05/03/2015 12:05 - The commander is liable for not knowing troop leading procedures
- 05/03/2015 11:59 - PNoy blaming Purisima has precedent
- 05/03/2015 11:54 - Graduation congratulatory messages, who reads them? Golden crescent achievement awards sapphire anniversary
- 03/03/2015 14:17 - Let our lives unfold between the bookends of God’s Love