Thursday, 12 March 2015 11:55
(BY: REX G. MIRAVITE) As early as 1960’s the Mindanaoans have been clamouring for independence due to Government’s neglect for the development of Mindanao by the national government.
In spite of Mindanao’s contribution to the national treasury out of its natural resources only a few percentage went back to benefit the populace of Mindanao composed mostly of Christians coming from the different regions in the Visayas and Luzon, our Muslim brothers from Lanao, Cotabato, Maguindanao, Basilan, Sulu, Tawi-Tawi provinces and the nomads and highlanders in Zamboanga Peninsula and Cotabato Provinces.
For the past several decades the Mindanaoans clamor for independence was to benefit all residents out of its natural resources and to exercise its democratic freedom of selecting its own leaders to govern them, free from intervention from Manila National Government.
The Mindanao Independence Movement was originally headed by a Christian advocate from Cagayan de Oro City.
The advocacy was in general for the Mindanaoans regardless of tribe and religion to select its leaders and to run the affairs of government on the basis of fairness, justice and equality to all its constituents.
The passage of the Bangsamoro Basic Law (BBL) is an acid test on how effective they can manage the local government.
The approval of BBL might be considered partial victory for the advocates of Mindanao Independence movement which was initiated by 1960’s by a Christian advocate.###
- 14/03/2015 11:38 - Graduation congratulatory messages, who reads them? (Part II); Golden crescent achievement awards results released; founder’s message to achiever’s world-wide
- 13/03/2015 11:34 - Funny & alarming headlines
- 13/03/2015 11:30 - Why other cities are fast progressing?
- 12/03/2015 13:37 - Incest committed to a pitiful minor
- 12/03/2015 13:10 - Of raping cows, blaming subordinates
- 11/03/2015 13:39 - Incompetent commander could be dangerous in battle
- 11/03/2015 13:38 - Alleged hold-up
- 11/03/2015 13:29 - Mr. President, look who’s lying!
- 10/03/2015 13:09 - An MILF leap of faith: A ballot is worth more than a thousand bullets
- 10/03/2015 13:07 - Who is Tingting Cojuangco’s accuser?