Friday, 13 March 2015 11:30
(BY: REX G. MIRAVITE) Highly urbanized cities are as good only as its local officials.
Elected officials of progressive cities can see what other officials cannot see.
They know what other officials do not know.
However, officials of cities that are lagging behind can see only what their eyes can see and know only what their eyes can see and know only what their ears can hear.
And the situation is aggravated by unenlightened community who are over protective of the inefficiencies and shortcomings of their local officials.
Whereas, in well-informed community people do their obligation by telling public officials that what they are doing is wrong thru the media without fear or favour.
In short local officials of progressive cities are visionary, have foresight, initiative and common sense which is uncommon to local officials of cities that are lagging behind in development and progress especially in the field of peace and order. ###
- 14/03/2015 11:42 - Ill-equipped AFP was decisive at the height of Mindanao rebellion
- 14/03/2015 11:41 - Wanted man coddled by police
- 14/03/2015 11:40 - PNOY ordered Marwan operation: BOI report
- 14/03/2015 11:38 - Graduation congratulatory messages, who reads them? (Part II); Golden crescent achievement awards results released; founder’s message to achiever’s world-wide
- 13/03/2015 11:34 - Funny & alarming headlines
- 12/03/2015 13:37 - Incest committed to a pitiful minor
- 12/03/2015 13:10 - Of raping cows, blaming subordinates
- 12/03/2015 11:55 - Passage of BBL will enhance Mindanao Independence Movement?
- 11/03/2015 13:39 - Incompetent commander could be dangerous in battle
- 11/03/2015 13:38 - Alleged hold-up