Saturday, 28 March 2015 13:52
(BY: REX G. MIRAVITE) Elections are held every three years and people are expecting that new progress and development are introduced the next three years after election by elected officials.
The same and few new faces are running the affairs of the city government exchanging top political positions and some who graduated who graduated from the 3-year term are back to the same position doing the usual thing that does not contribute to the improvement of the community.
Sapandos los Buenos, where are the visionary leaders who can see not only what their eyes can see, leaders who know what others do not know?
We need leaders who can anticipate solutions to problems and not merely reacting when things are already cropping up.
We need leaders with foresight and initiative who can plan out for the relocation of our city jail which is not a reformatory center but penitentiary for obvious reason that it is located right in the heart of the city.
Our leaders should initiate the relocation of our fire station from the commercial center and also the relocation of the Zamboanga City Police Office outside the heart of the city except Police Station 11 or Central Police Station.
The construction of access roads in the city proper has remained a plan for the past 2 decades.
The transfer of the airport to Mercedes has remained a dream being dreamed every now and then.
Rhetorics and grandstanding cannot push progress of our city that caused the frustration of the local residents every after election.
- 30/03/2015 11:55 - AL pounds on 2 city officials
- 29/03/2015 13:33 - Jesus: “Walang hanggang Ama, Makapangyarihang Diyos”
- 29/03/2015 13:30 - BOI report saves the gov’t from being overprotective
- 29/03/2015 13:24 - (Sharing Time): WHAT really affects our spirit?
- 28/03/2015 13:53 - Graduations here, Graduations there, bow!
- 28/03/2015 13:45 - SAF 44 not saved, in the name of peace?
- 27/03/2015 11:46 - PNoy claims on Mamasapano incredible
- 27/03/2015 11:44 - Hundred of houses razed
- 26/03/2015 11:57 - (Atilano’s advice to Zamcelco): “Work closely with NEA, don’t quarrel with them”
- 26/03/2015 11:56 - A turtled PUJ in Boalan