My Google Page Rank

SNIPE SWIPES

PDFPrintE-mail

Headline: Lobregat Demands Resignation of Salazar.

With the way Cong. Celso twits Mayor Beng Salazar often, banner line really is catchy.

It’s a different Salazar, folks. Sorry for the possible disappointment. Though a little bit rehashed the lead line did send me the shudders, too.

The actual meat. Due to loss of trust, confidence and insubordination, Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) Chairman Jose Vicente Salazar should already resign from his post and should not wait for more shame from the present administration.

In a move to save the ERC from destabilization amidst controversies on the alleged irregularities in the agency, this was the solution suggested by Committee on Appropriations Vice-Chairman, Congressman Celso Lobregat for Salazar.

Recall that in view thereof, except for salaries and retirement benefits, Lobregat has moved for a P1 a year budget for the ERC.

X x x x X

Congratulations to the personnel of the Regional Anti-Cybercrime Office, awardees of efficiency medals (Medalya ng Kasanayan) for meritorious performance. Their expertise and efforts led to the arrest an alleged cyber den operator and rescue of two minors in Zamboanga City. The awardees are Chief Inspector Joel Tuttuh, Regional Anti-cybercrime chief, Senior Police Officer 1 (SPO1) Charlene Nabua, PO3 Mary Grace Francisco, PO2 Art Binas, PO1 Art Josef Valdez, and PO1 Jenny Ian Kalayakan.

P/Chief Sup Billy Beltran, Police Regional Office (PRO)-Zamboanga Peninsula director, said their exemplary performance resulted to the arrest of Eric Acain alias Madam, 40, an alleged cyber den operator, and the rescue of two minors.

Beltran said the awardees’ exemplifying sterling leadership qualities and epitome of true and dedicated public servants have earned honor and prestige to the Philippine National Police (PNP,) that is worthy of praise and emulation not only by their peers in particular but the force as a whole. The awarding rites were held after the flag ceremony on Monday, September 11, at Camp Romeo Abendan, home of the PRO-Zamboanga Peninsula headquarters in the village of Mercedes.

X x x x X

The Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) has rejected President Duterte’s demand for the New People’s Army (NPA) to surrender first before peace talks can resume.

“This is unacceptable,” the CPP said. “Does he really take the revolutionary forces for fools?”

It claimed, Duterte has “wasted the goodwill of the NDFP when it failed to fulfill its commitment to release 500 NPA captives and took advantage of the ceasefire to deploy his soldiers and conduct military offensive.”

The CPP, which claims to have absolute command over the NPA rebels scattered throughout Luzon, the Visayas and Mindanao, said that the people clamor for the NPA to mount more tactical offensives in the face of Duterte’s tyrannical rule and triple war.

Absolute command, my foot! CPP founding chairman Jose Ma. Sison himself had said, they have lost control of the NPA on the ground.

X x x x X

Former Customs commissioner Nicanor E. Faeldon on Monday turned up at the Senate and had himself arrested, making good his promise last week that he would rather spend time in jail rather than appear before the Blue Ribbon Committee hearing on the P6.4-billion shabu seized in Valenzuela City.

Faeldon was lucky not to have been humiliated first by being dragged and bodily brought to the senate seat. The Sgt.-at-arms and his security men could have readily done had Committee Dick Gordon given the order.

X x x x X

The U.N. Security Council on Monday unanimously approved a seemingly kid-gloved new sanctions on North Korea, as measures sought by the Trump administration to ban all oil imports and freeze international assets of the government and its leader, Kim Jong Un was disregarded.

The resolution, responding to Pyongyang’s sixth and strongest nuclear test explosion on Sept. 3, does ban North Korea, but only from importing all natural gas liquids and condensates. It also bans all textile exports and prohibits any country from authorizing new work permits for North Korean workers – but is said to be two key sources of hard currency for the northeast Asian nation.

X x x xX

The Senate inquiry into the P6.4-billion “shabu” (crystal meth) shipment from China has some more intriguing points - the allegedparticipation of graduates of the Philippine Military Academy (PMA).

The blue ribbon committee was able to tie up on Monday the background of some of the alleged key players in the shabu shipment and smuggling in the Bureau of Customs (BOC).

Sen. Richard Gordon, committee chair, pointed out that some of the key players were from the PMA. “It’s an old boys’ club,” he told reporters.

Gordon was referring to Teofilo Joseph Bacud, a certain Jack Cabalza, retired Col. Allen Capuyan, BOC Command Center chief Gerardo Gambala and former BOC Deputy Commissioner Milo Maestrecampo.

It was the father of customs fixer Mark Taguba II, who disclosed the identities of Cabalza and Bacud.

Bacud was the one who helped Taguba connect with contacts to help him facilitate the release of flagged shipments without BOC inspection.

X x x x X

The Senate committee on ethics has ruled the complaint filed by Sen. Richard Gordon against Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV for his alleged “unabated unparliamentary acts and behavior” was sufficient in form and substance.

The complaint stemmed from a verbal clash between the two senators in a hearing two weeks ago on the entry of P6.4 billion worth of “shabu” (crystal meth) into the country and the involvement of the so-called “Davao Group” in smuggling.

The clash came when Trillanes called the blue ribbon committee a “comité de absuelto” (committee of exoneration) after Gordon rebuffed his motion to summon President Duterte’s son, Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte of Davao City, and his son-in-law, lawyer Manases Carpio.

The two men were eventually invited to the hearing on Sept. 7.

X x x x X

Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV is not backing down on his verbal tirades against Pres. Duterte and his allies. This time, he announced his filing of libel cases against Communications Assistant Secretary Mocha Uson, journalist Erwin Tulfo, and Ben Tesiorna, the person behind the Davao Breaking News Facebook page, declaring that the “era of fake news is over.”

“I will sue them for libel. Fake news will no longer be tolerated. The era of fake news is over. This Duterte administration, you won the election on fake news, but now, you can’t do that. I will chase you down every time,” he ranted. (By Jimmy Cabato)




Related news items:
Newer news items:
Older news items: