Thursday, 10 February 2011 14:18
President Benigno S. Aquino III has a simple wish for his 51st birthday: Work doubly hard for the betterment of Filipinos’ lives in the soonest possible time.
In an ambush interview during a visit to the medical and dental missions at the Mendiola parking area organized by the Office of the President, Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office, Department of Social Welfare and Development, and the Presidential Security Group (PSG) in honor of his birthday, the President said his interest is in the transformation of society for the betterment of our people’s lives “at a faster pace than what we have so far managed to achieved.”
The President interacted with the indigent residents and medical teams and observed the distribution of gift packs to the beneficiaries coming from 22 Malacanang League of Barangays.
Earlier, the President went to the Land Transportation Office main office along East Avenue in Quezon City to renew his driver’s license. Driver’s licenses usually expire on the occasion of a driver’s birthday every three years.
After the LTO visit, the President attended a Thanksgiving Mass at Malacanang’s Heroes Hall. (PCOO/PIA9-BST)
- 14/02/2011 13:07 - The Top 6 Calorie-Burning Workouts
- 11/02/2011 14:35 - FOR THE CAUSE BY ATTY. EDIL BADDIRI
- 11/02/2011 14:34 - Tragedy in courage By Val G. Abelgas
- 11/02/2011 14:28 - 15 toughest interview questions (and answers!)
- 11/02/2011 14:24 - Six myths about keeping kids safe online
- 10/02/2011 14:10 - Disarmament should be a part of the peace talks
- 10/02/2011 14:08 - 14 ways to save money on groceries
- 10/02/2011 14:07 - Heroes and Rogues
- 10/02/2011 12:15 - Our Gun Culture
- 09/02/2011 00:00 - Inter-faith harmony in Basilan