Monday, 14 March 2011 11:56
As far as security is concerned, tolerance is the king of the virtues. It doesn't matter what a person believes as long as he is sincere. All roads lead to God.
Our society cherishes that all men are God's children. Assuming there is a God, that we are not just a product of blind chance in an accidental universe, then this is the way it must be. The universal Fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of all men. This is our society's doctrine, our society's dogma, or society's sacred cow. Jesus denied and contradicted this sacred cow. First century Jewish culture accepted the idea that all Jews were the children of God. But Jesus rocked Israel when He said, “You belong to your father, the devil.” (John 8:44).
No one is born into this world a child of God. We are children of Adam and Eve and are “by nature objects of wrath” (Ephesians 2:3). Jesus said to Nicodemus, “No one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.”(John 3:2).
If this notion irritates you, then you can understand how the Jews felt back in the first century and why they nailed Jesus to a cross. Jesus said to them, “You are not God's children. You have got to experience new birth, the miracle of God's grace and pardon and forgiveness in order to become God's children.” In the same way some of us may have always assured that we are the children, but we have never been born again.
Jesus said that only one road leads to God. “I am the gate, whoever enters through me will be saved”(John 10:9). He also stated, “No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6). On another occasion, Jesus said, “If you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins” (John 8:24).
Now you must make a choice. Either Jesus is right and our culture is dead wrong, or our society is right and Jesus is dead wrong. You cannot have it both ways. “Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve” ( Joshua 24:15). The Bible says that “there is way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death” (Proverbs 14:12). It is not enough to be sincere, for you may be sincerely wrong.
TO GOD BE ALL GLORY
Bro. Paeng Santos
- 14/03/2011 12:15 - Know what to do when 'The Big One' strikes
- 14/03/2011 12:15 - World's big cities set to become even more crowded
- 14/03/2011 12:14 - New “Enemies of the Internet” list
- 14/03/2011 12:13 - People turn to web in times of crisis
- 13/03/2011 00:00 - Mindanao Autonomy: From MNLF to MILF
- 14/03/2011 11:55 - Mindanao Autonomy: From MNLF to MILF
- 14/03/2011 11:54 - The 7-year itch is now the 3-year glitch
- 13/03/2011 00:00 - How to remember anything: Lessons from a memory champion
- 12/03/2011 15:49 - Postponement of the 8/11 ARMM Elections
- 12/03/2011 15:46 - A military solution?