Saturday, 26 March 2011 15:19
When things go well it is possible to live for years on the surface of things. But when sorrow comes, a man is driven to the deep things of life and God. Sorrow becomes the expositor of mysteries that joy leaves unexplained. When crisis strikes, we need to find some quiet moments, to hear the still, small voice of God.
The Psalmist invites us, “Be still, and know that I am God.” The Psalmist, in time of trouble, calls us to the recreating stillness of the soul. To “be still” is often opposite of what we tend to do when stress hits our life.
It’s so easy to lose our way amid of our troubled days and nights. When a crisis strikes, we need to find some quiet moments, an interval away from the confusion and noise about us. Then we can hear the still, small voice of God calling us to restoration and wholeness.
Noise and confusion come from man. Only when the winds and storms of the world that blow across our lives are quieted can we catch and reflect the beauty of the Infinite.
Gravity, a silent force, holds stars and galaxies in their orbits. Sunbeams make their long journey to earth without any sound, yet they bear an immense energy. The dew falls silently, yet brings refreshment and beauty. The wheels of the universe do not creak. Nature’s mighty miracles are wrought in silence.
Take a viable option. Let’s decide to slip away for a few minutes from any noise. As we sit in silence, let’s fill our mind with God. A mighty power indeed resides in silence.
TO GOD BE THE GLORY
By: Paeng Santos
- 28/03/2011 16:05 - Recycled sandals - Walking to a life of dignity
- 28/03/2011 16:05 - Sleep habits can play a role in weight regulation
- 26/03/2011 15:21 - Fear should not deter progress
- 26/03/2011 15:20 - Fears mount in Asia over Japanese food
- 26/03/2011 15:20 - 4 great ways to end a date
- 25/03/2011 14:54 - What ails Muslim Mindanao?
- 25/03/2011 14:54 - Who are the Libyan rebels?
- 25/03/2011 14:53 - The top seven sleep killers
- 25/03/2011 14:51 - A Malaysian Royal Datu installed Sultan of Sulu Sultanate
- 24/03/2011 14:33 - Merci mercilessly impeached!