Thursday, 07 April 2011 11:51
With the aim to make higher education accessible and possible to poor yet deserving students, the Nuevo Zamboanga College, Inc., together with the Nuevo Zamboanga Foundation, was founded by its President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Crisanto “Monsi” B. Dela Cruz three years ago.
From merely fifty (50) students in June 2008, NZCI has already housed 110 regular students and 450 modular trainees up to the present. A school inside, a hotel; NZCI made sure that all its students will be able to experience first-hand trainings in Lantaka Hotel by the Sea, Inc. to assure their competency come National Certification II Assessments given by a Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA).
Financially-challenged students were provided scholarships and employment opportunities to help suffice their educational needs.
And now, on its 3rd year, the NZCI will be hosting its first ever commencement exercises with the theme: “Moving Forward Towards Productive Partnership with the YOUTH” and on April 9, 2011 at Roofdeck, Lantaka Hotel. This event is expected to highlight and honor not only the students’ hardwork, sacrifices, and achievements, but also the people who made all those achievements possible.
As Winston Churchill once said, “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.” Three years of existence has given the NZCI family both the ups and downs of life. But with faith and determination, everyone strived hard to reach the peak of the success that they are currently embracing and cherishing.
To our graduates, take this ceremony as a beginning of your journey to the real world.
Let your learned knowledge, skills and character guide you in surviving the demands of the changing and competitive global market. CONGRATULATIONS BATCH 2011!
By Atty. Carl Andrew M. Rubio
- 09/04/2011 13:49 - Is the Good Shepherd Your Lord?
- 08/04/2011 12:25 - Nuclear radiation: There is no safe dose
- 08/04/2011 12:24 - ‘Drug Mule’ Politics
- 08/04/2011 12:22 - What I’ve learned from dating after 40
- 07/04/2011 11:52 - Summer of KFR
- 07/04/2011 11:50 - Affordability of PPPs: 10 Ways to Mitigate Tariffs
- 06/04/2011 17:21 - Flawed check-and-balance system of the Senate Commentary
- 06/04/2011 17:18 - Child abuse and the Macho Dancing Boy
- 06/04/2011 17:16 - 7 secrets of slim people
- 04/04/2011 12:03 - The death penalty in its many forms