Sunday, 24 April 2011 18:14
The reason Christ died is so that we might live. And the reason He rose again is that we might serve a Risen Savior. But sometimes our celebrations of notable occurrences seem to take an earthly color, and we do not fully realize the significance of the reason for the celebration. This is true of Easter, when too often we celebrate the holiday rather than the significance of the resurrection of the Lord.
The most important truth taught in the Bible is the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ. Without the resurrection there is no Christianity and what we believe is mere philosophical rhetoric or a lie. “But these are written, that you might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you might have life through his name” (John 20:31).
Kevin Riggs, (Scripture: 1 Cor. 15: 1-22) in his pulpit message – “The Importance of the Resurrection” clarified the teachings of the apostle Paul to the early Christians in Corinth with regards to the resurrection.
A. Without the resurrection we have no faith. Without the resurrection the apostle Paul says our faith is “useless” and “futile”. If Christ was not raised, the witness of the resurrection gave false testimonies and there is no basis for faith (vv.3-4;12-17).
B. Without the resurrection we have no forgiveness of sins (v.17). The holiness and love of God was seen on the cross, but forgiveness and grace were seen in the empty tomb. If Christ would not have raised from the dead, He could not have forgiven sins.
C. Without the resurrection we have no future (vv.18-19). If Jesus was not raised from the dead, those who have died before us would be lost and perishing and would have no hope. Without hope for a future there is no meaning for today.
D. Because of the resurrection we have life (vv.20-22). Because of the resurrection you and I can have both eternal and abundant life.
But now Christ is risen from the dead! It’s high time we should begin living in the light of that reality. We know truly that the supreme miracle of the resurrection is not just a subjective experience of the disciples, but an actual historical event.
TO GOD BE ALL GLORY AND HONOR.
- 25/04/2011 14:59 - International Mother Earth Day
- 25/04/2011 14:59 - Youth, Employment and Migration
- 25/04/2011 14:57 - Travel Picks: Top 10 places to get married around the world
- 24/04/2011 18:15 - 5 signs that you’ve met your perfect match
- 24/04/2011 18:14 - Reflecting on Virtual and Brick and Stone Libraries
- 21/04/2011 19:18 - China accuses PH of ‘invasion’
- 21/04/2011 19:17 - Last Supper was a day earlier, scientist claims
- 21/04/2011 19:16 - One must repent today; tomorrow may never come
- 21/04/2011 19:16 - Doublespeak
- 20/04/2011 14:07 - Love your enemy