Friday, 13 May 2011 12:02
With the pervasive and structural fiscal anomalies at all levels and branches of our political system, there is now a rapidly growing realization that for the longest time the honest taxpayers have been sustaining a useless government.
In fact when I wrote two articles: (1) Revolt of the Taxpayers (2) Fiscal Coup: Last Moral Recourse, a big number of readers received them enthusiastically and agreeably which unmistakably supported my advocacy that if graft and corruption will remain systemic, widespread, and unchecked in our country, the last moral recourse to take is for the taxpayers to completely stop their fiscal support to the government which I term as Fiscal Coup. Of course, this Fiscal Coup will only be set into motion if the precipitating and triggering justifications and conditions I enumerated in my previous article, will persistently manifest.
Indisputably, if all forms of fiscal crimes and irregularities are flagrantly and massively committed by our government officials to enrich and perpetuate themselves in public power such as: Colluding with constructors to get the amount of “tongpats” they demand, rigging the bidding process so that the winners will come across with the blood money they ask, undertaking public works by administration so they could jack up the prices of construction materials in conspiracy with suppliers, using taxpayers monies to construct giant billboard, print tarpaulin posters and streamers, and all kinds of promo materials containing their names and pictures, and using taxpayers’ wealth for unnecessary travels and extravagant allowances, etc… then it is morally valid, right, and justified to expect this kind of fiscal phenomenon.
It will be a horribly dehumanizing insult to the collective sanity and intelligence of the law-abiding and honest taxpayers if they still allow themselves to be used as the common” MILKING COW” of insatiably rapacious public officials and a demonstrably useless and corrupt national public dispensation.
By Clem M. Bascar
- 15/05/2011 16:10 - The New Media in Nation Building and the Little Fund
- 15/05/2011 16:05 - 5 bad relationship habits to dump
- 14/05/2011 22:51 - MILF invades Makati
- 14/05/2011 22:50 - Five no-brainer ways to motivate your metabolism
- 14/05/2011 22:49 - How Sabah fell into the hands of Sulu Sultanate
- 13/05/2011 12:00 - Riding the Bangsamoro tiger
- 13/05/2011 12:00 - Walk the Talk
- 13/05/2011 11:59 - PPA comfort rooms off-limit to outsiders
- 12/05/2011 13:23 - 25 manners every kid should know by age 9
- 12/05/2011 13:18 - 25 manners every kid should know by age 9