Monday, 23 May 2011 12:55
I really really wonder if our authorities are aware that:
1. People are walking on the streets instead of the sidewalks becoming accident prone.
2. There are so many No-left turn, No-right-turn, No U-turn, No Parking traffic signs that nobody obeys or probably has become obsolete but are not removed. Are you aware that these confuse the driving citizenry? Worse yet, it makes people think that it is alright to ignore traffic signs and that can be the root of reckless driving.
3. Most accidents on the roads involve motorcycles.
4. Motorcycle drivers are now king of the road who can swerve from left to middle to right at his or her wish without regards for others.
5. Majority of motorcycles do not have side mirrors to guide them.
6. You still see many motorcycle drivers not using helmets.
7. Overloaded motorcycles especially with little toddlers on board is a common sight.
8. Driving at night without headlights is a common practice in Zamboanga City.
9. Double parking while waiting for someone, or a passenger is common sight and one can get threatened with physical injury if you attempt to call the violator's attention. Police patrol cars are not exempt to this violation.
10.Motorcycles and tricycles, being smaller, do not fall in line at traffic light intersections but rush to the front without regard for the law-abiding citizens who have been lining up and when the green light is on, they are the ones who get to go while they obstruct the cars who have been obediently waiting for their turn to move. So what happens? The violators get through while the law-abiding citizens get stuck to wait for the next green light, and should be lucky enough if they can get through on the next green light.
I WONDER. IF OUR CITY OFFICIALS, TRAFFIC ENFORCERS, LAW ENFORCERS ARE AWARE THAT THIS IS HAPPENING EVERY SECOND, EVERY MINUTE, EVERY HOUR OF THE DAY.
I WONDER IF SOMETHING IS GOING TO BE DONE ABOUT THESE BECAUSE THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR OVER A DECADE (trying to be conservative here) AND IT'S GETTING WORSE.
I WONDER IF OUR CITY OFFICIALS ARE AWARE THAT BIG TIME CRIMINALS ALWAYS START WITH PETTY CRIMES AND LAW VIOLATIONS AND IF LEFT UNCHECKED, THEY GET THE COURAGE TO TRY SOMETHING MORE DARING.
I WONDER IF ZAMBOANGA CITY CAN STILL BE A BETTER PLACE THAN IT IS TODAY?
By Edwin Cruz
- 25/05/2011 11:56 - The Bangsa Sug of Sulu Sultanate struggle for self determination
- 24/05/2011 12:46 - Who should define ‘Ancestral Domain?’
- 24/05/2011 12:45 - When doomsday isn't, believers struggle to cope
- 24/05/2011 12:44 - The Youth Summer Peace Camp that was
- 24/05/2011 12:43 - Five eligible guys who stay single
- 23/05/2011 12:55 - No taxes, no money to graft and corrupt
- 23/05/2011 12:54 - Internet fraudsters traced to Nigeria
- 23/05/2011 12:52 - Peace with God is the most blessed experience
- 20/05/2011 12:18 - P-Noy’s Troika
- 20/05/2011 12:17 - Egypt’s second grassroots resurgence