Tuesday, 23 August 2011 14:25
In his prayer for the Ephesians, Paul asked God to enlighten their eyes so they could better understand the message encoded in His World, especially the “exceeding greatness of His power” as stated in Ephesians 1:19-23 as indicated hereunder:
1. Ressurecton Power. How often we have stood by a casket and wanted to touch the body lying there and restore it to life. We can't do it, but God can restore the death process. Verses 19-20 says; “the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead. “The same power that raised Christ from the grave is available to change our lives, to answer our prayers, to restore our difficulties, to give us immortality.
2. Exaltation Power: “and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places”. After Christ resurrection, He ascended and sat at the Father's right hand. The power that exalted Christ is available to change our live, to answer our prayers, to give us daily strength.
3. Lordship Power: “far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age and also in that which is to come” (verse 21). Christ is higher than the angels, greater than the demons, wider than the universe. He rules in the affairs of men and directs history toward its pre-appointed end. That Lordship power of Jesus Christ is the same power available to meet our needs.
4. Headship Power: “and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.” Christ is the boss of His church, the senior pastor, the archbishop, the great shepherd. He is our great High Priest. And the work that He does in this world, He does not though His church. The parts of my body are useless unless directed by my brain. Christ is our head, we are His body. Our only job is to obey His commands.
To trust and obey is to live in the supernatural power of Jesus Christ. That power is measured by His resurrection, His exaltation, His Lordship, and His Headship. And that is available to change our life, to answer our prayers, to resolve our difficulties, and to give us everlasting life.
Futher... what is God's power like? We see it displayed. “ Have you ever marveled at the power of God in a thunder-storm? (2) Answered prayer.
James 5:6 says, “The effective fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.” (3) Changed lives. “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new” (2 Cor. 5:17) (4) Daily victory. When you see a Christian living above the circumstances (rather thatn under them), you can credit the uplift of God's power (Isa. 40:30-31; 41:10).
And most of all.. Christian ministry. Jesus said, “You shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me” (Acts 1:8). Let's fully appreciate and appropriate God's power in our live.
TO GOD BE THE GLORY AND HONOR.
- 24/08/2011 10:37 - Quantifying OFWs’ contributions
- 24/08/2011 10:35 - viable option
- 24/08/2011 10:34 - Sulu sultanate adheres support for peace talk based on truth
- 23/08/2011 14:26 - GRP: Involve Spain, US, and the Royals!
- 23/08/2011 14:25 - Is losing weight fast dangerous?
- 23/08/2011 14:24 - Seven myths about caffeine
- 22/08/2011 10:37 - ‘Are we really worth dying for?’
- 22/08/2011 10:32 - Figure out your date quickly
- 22/08/2011 10:29 - MILF wants Mindanao, Sulu, part of Palawan for homeland
- 19/08/2011 14:18 - Mindanao and Sulu belong to all of us