Sunday, 11 September 2011 00:00
Unforgivably he is late no doubt by a hundred years yet unexpectedly he is here a hero by any term he knows by pure gut feeling that blood-spilling still rages in the frontiers untamed where his comrades were savagely mutilated like ducks and frogs just days gone by more than a reason to cry more than a cause for vengeance a crime too unconscionable even by the standards of cannibals still valiantly he is here to fulfill an allegiance for the sake of reason liberty, justice, peace, harmony and everything sacred and beautiful unmindful of all the odds and dangers around.
In a flash he could be blown apart to bits and pieces unrecognizable for stepping upon evil dreams scattered neath foothills and crevices untrodden yes, he could be gone, too, in a wink of an eye true, he is here in flesh and blood without any sense of harm or fright proudly waving the Old Glory in the traditions of patriots not realizing that the war had been long over a century, perhaps...yet by all standards of peace he is a real hero without having to fight
By Clem M. Bascar
- 13/09/2011 12:39 - Hidden Philippine treasures, strengthening peace and nation-building
- 13/09/2011 12:39 - Opening statement of Mohagher Iqbal, chairman of the MILF peace panel (Citizens forum, University of Bohol, September 9, 2011.)
- 11/09/2011 00:00 - Is P-Noy diffident and unassertive?
- 12/09/2011 12:57 - The new rules of attraction
- 11/09/2011 00:00 - Lose weight around the clock
- 10/09/2011 12:55 - Sub-state and autonomy
- 10/09/2011 12:54 - A coalition government in the Offing. Again?
- 10/09/2011 12:53 - Stop the witch hunt of RH bill advocates
- 10/09/2011 12:53 - Faith is the gift, the operation and the power of God
- 09/09/2011 14:54 - Honor the majesty of God