Monday, 19 September 2011 13:25
As part of the Purple Ribbon for RH campaign for the passage of a Reproductive Health Law, PNGOC in partnership with various stakeholders from Zamboanga City will conduct an “RH MARCH” on October 7, 2011 to call on congress to finally vote on the bill. This event will be done simultaneously in other key cities like Pampanga, Naga, Legazpi, Cebu and Cagayan de Oro.
The series of events calling on congress to pass the RH bill had already begun. Last September 7, 2011, a simultaneous candlelight ceremony to remember the women who died from pregnancy and childbirth complications was held in NCR, Baguio, Iloilo and Davao respectively.
PNGOC together with the Youth Consortium, Commission on Population and Gabriela Partylist will conduct series of RH sticker campaigns and RH pin distribution in key areas in Zamboanga city to drumbeat support and increase awareness of Zamboanga residents on the RH bill.
The youth consortium, headed by its chair, Nurse Jonathan Monis together with POPCOM 9 will conduct series of Adolescent Reproductive Health Fora in different public and private high schools and other learning institutions to help increase knowledge and perception of students regarding the RH bill. This will also be an avenue to invite students and teachers to join the October 7 Purple Ribbon Campaign for RH.
All these events will highlight the need for the immediate passage of a Reproductive Health law.
The Philippine NGO Council on Population, Health and Welfare Inc. (PNGOC) is a national umbrella network with more than 95 member NGOs believing that NOW is the right time for the passage of a Reproductive Health, Responsible Parenthood, and Population Development policy to recognize the needs of our women, children and families.
Pass the Reproductive Health Bill NOW!
- 20/09/2011 13:57 - The Greatest Miracle
- 20/09/2011 13:56 - 15 Surprising Ways to Improve Your Cholesterol
- 20/09/2011 13:55 - AFP’s Oplan Bayanihan: A rehash of failed, desperate attempts to suppress fundamental freedoms
- 19/09/2011 13:27 - Terrorists rage in Cotabato?
- 19/09/2011 13:26 - Scandals in history: Inputs for peace process (Part 7)
- 19/09/2011 13:24 - Immorality always leads to disaster (Last Part)
- 17/09/2011 10:22 - Fiefdoms and the conflict within
- 17/09/2011 10:21 - Hasten prosecution of Ongpin et al.
- 17/09/2011 10:21 - Crimes against humanity
- 17/09/2011 10:19 - Is there another Earth?