Sunday, 23 October 2011 13:59
When General Douglas Mac Arthur left the strong hold of Corregidor during those dark days of World War II, it seemed like the end of the road and he left in seeming defeat. But the parting words of the great General became historic words, when he said I WILL RETURN. AND HE DID.
These words suggest the promise of another who also in the hour of seeming defeat said I WILL COME AGAIN. These words were spoken by Jesus in the last hour before the cross. From the human standpoint His campaign was a failure. His followers was frustrated and discouraged as their hope of the victorious reign of Christ were shattered by the disgrace of calvary. And then encouraged them with the promise, I WILL RETURN.
These historic words are recorded in John 14:1-3 and it reads: Let not your heart be troubled. You believed in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I WILL COME AGAIN, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there you may be also (John 14:1-3).
JESUS CHRIST IS COMING AGAIN. Coming again, not in humiliation but in glory! Not as a helpless babe laid in a manger, but as a triumphant King of Kings! Not to be rejected by men, but to be accepted by His people! Not to be spit upon and led to Calvary, but to sit on the throne! Not to be judged by human puppets, but to judge the earth and to rule righteously and mightily. That is the testimony of Scripture.
That is the promise of our Lord, and that was the very first message our ascended Lord sent back to the gazing disciples immediately after a cloud had received Him out of their sight. And we know that now, this very moment, we are NEARER that day than we have ever been before. Yes, Jesus is coming again, and never before this blessed hope meant more than it does today. Satanic onslaughts threatens to engulf the nations and endanger all that is precious and dear to the cause of liberty and prosperity.
One of these days the last church bell will ring, the last sermon will be preached before HIS COMING AGAIN. Dear readers, are we ready to meet Him who said, Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice. And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28,29).
Yes, Jesus Christ is coming again. The very same Jesus who was born in a stable, died on a cross, ascended into Heaven, is coming again, and everyone will have to meet Him either in glory or in judgment. We have a living Savior. TRUST HIM TODAY!
TO GOD BE ALL GLORY AND HONOR
- 24/10/2011 11:08 - Goodbye Polio: Thanks, Rotary
- 24/10/2011 11:05 - Statement of the PIME General Directorate in Rome on the killing of Fr. Fausto Tentorio
- 23/10/2011 14:02 - Erap: All-out war vs MILF solution to Minadanao conflict
- 23/10/2011 14:02 - Leptin Levels Linked To Anxiety And Depressive Symptoms
- 23/10/2011 14:01 - Obama wins big in Libya
- 22/10/2011 10:28 - The beasts of Basilan
- 22/10/2011 10:27 - To suffer 19 combat casualties is plain stupidity
- 22/10/2011 10:25 - Letter to the Editor
- 22/10/2011 10:23 - Statement of the PIME Community in the Philippines on the killing of their confrere Father Fausto Tentorio
- 21/10/2011 11:02 - GRP Peace Panel, use the Treaty of Paris