Monday, 24 October 2011 11:10
Education is a powerful tool as one strives for success. Being in school is a gift in view of the fact not everyone is given the opportunity to a good education and those who are lucky to be in school must value its importance.It also poses a challenge to all educators to make learning not only an instrument to develop the mental capacity of an individual student but should make learning a fun way of growing up.
Students nowadays are preoccupied with a lot of things--- there`s the social networking and other video games to name a few of those stuffs. They find these entertaining hence, some of them would use their parents` hard-earned money not to buy snacks but to go to the nearest internet café, and worse, go on cutting classes just to do these things forgetting and setting aside that it is best to prioritize their studies.
The development of technology in our society, must not therefore be a hindrance to what is essential in attaining good education. Parents should be the foremost guide of their children, along with the support of the teachers whom the students spending most of their time with. For this reason, teachers must be innovative in using technology as an important part of learning.They should be creative enough in setting up activities that are not only educational but also have enjoyable impact with it. They should redirect from the conventional way of teaching so they could penetrate today`s generation in making school cool for kids to enjoy the learning experience.
Being the noblest of professionals, educators indeed could make a difference in the lives of their students---a difference that would forever leave a mark in the hearts and minds of those who have been under their care. As the student leaves the portals of his alma mater, he will carry with him the wisdom and the values he gains alongside the enjoyment he will treasure in his lifetime.
By Nicasia G. Gepigon
- 26/10/2011 11:14 - Ukay-ukay vote makes ukay-ukay government
- 26/10/2011 11:13 - Full military honors for 19 soldiers slain in Basilan firefight
- 26/10/2011 11:12 - Fighting to win peace continues in Mindanao
- 26/10/2011 11:09 - We have a living Savior and He is coming again (Part 3)
- 24/10/2011 11:10 - Field units must reorient on types of combat operations
- 24/10/2011 11:08 - Goodbye Polio: Thanks, Rotary
- 24/10/2011 11:05 - Statement of the PIME General Directorate in Rome on the killing of Fr. Fausto Tentorio
- 23/10/2011 14:02 - Erap: All-out war vs MILF solution to Minadanao conflict
- 23/10/2011 14:02 - Leptin Levels Linked To Anxiety And Depressive Symptoms
- 23/10/2011 14:01 - Obama wins big in Libya