Sunday, 20 November 2011 16:59
God will sound the trumpet that will call together the Gentile nations of the earth for the last great battle of this age, the battle of Armageddon. Every nation on earth will be engaged in this battle, described in so many passages of Scriptures, when all nations will converge on the land of Palestine at the eastern end of the Mediterranean Sea. This will be the site of the battle of the ages. (Dr. M.R. De Hann - “I Will Return” - p.27).
Here the nations from the North, the South, the East and the West will meet in a death struggle with equipment so deadly and efficient that except for the intervention of God, the nations would destroy one another until not a single human being would be left on the face of the earth. We repeat, except for the intervention of God, for these are the words of the Lord Jesus Himself, for He in speaking of that day says: “And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved” (Matthew 24:22).
Just when it seems that man has succeeded in utterly destroying himself, the Heavens will open and the Lord Jesus Christ will come with His triumphant Church to destroy the wicked nations, to set up His Kingdom in Jerusalem, to restore Israel, and bless the righteous nations who were threatened with annihilation by the oppressors.
In that golden dispensation Christ shall be King over all the earth and “every knee (shall bow...and every tongue... confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father” (Philippians 2:10-11). This is suggested in the passage, “the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God.”
The SHOUT OF CHRIST speaks of the first event when Jesus comes. The dead arise and the living believers with them are caught up. The archangel speaks of the time which intervenes between the translation of the Church and Christ's coming again.
The trump signals the end of man's rule on the earth, and the ushering in of the righteous rule of the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.
TO GOD BE ALL GLORY AND HONOR.
(Source: I WILL RETURN – By. Dr. M.R. DE HAAN)
By: Bro. Paeng Santos
- 21/11/2011 11:35 - ASEAN leaders react on planned US marine base in Australia
- 21/11/2011 11:34 - Retirement-planning myths to dispel
- 20/11/2011 17:00 - The Do-It-Yourself Hair Spa
- 20/11/2011 17:00 - Invest in Philippines, the 'Dark Horse' of Asia: Expert
- 20/11/2011 16:59 - Inefficient public servants are like fruit trees need stress
- 18/11/2011 11:36 - The King is now fast losing power!
- 18/11/2011 11:35 - Civilian cooperation needed in combating terrorism
- 18/11/2011 11:35 - Is Bob Arum afraid of truth?
- 18/11/2011 11:34 - The blessed hope and the order of Christ's coming (Part 3)
- 17/11/2011 11:01 - Let’s adopt President Cory’s strategy on integral conflict