Friday, 25 November 2011 11:10
The hymnbook of the Bible is the Book of Psalms, and the last psalm summarizes what God wants us to know about praise and worship. The Christian faith is a singing, praising faith. Not every religion in this world has praise and singing such as we have, because we have the song of the Lord in our hearts. Psalm 150 answers some very important questions.
Who is it that we praise? “Praise the Lord” (v.1) – not praise the church, not praise the preacher, but “Praise the Lord!” Our problem is that we often don't see the Lord. We look at gifts or lack of gifts from God. We say, “Why didn't the Lord do this, or why wasn't it done differently?”
We don't really see the Lord. Let's get beyond the gift to the giver. Let's get beyond the blessing to the blesser. Let's praise the Lord. “Rejoice in the Lord,” says Paul, again I will say, rejoice!” (Philippians 4:4).
Where do we praise Him? “Praise God in His sanctuary; praise Him in His mighty firmament” (Ps. 150:1). Isn't this an interesting combinations? When we are praising God in the house of God, it's just like the praise of the angels in heaven. In the sanctuary, or wherever we are, let's praise Him.
Why do we praise Him? Verse 2 says, “Praise Him for His mighty acts; praise Him according to His excellent greatness!” We praise Him for what He is and for what He does. How do we praise Him? Well, with the sound of the trumpet, with the psaltery, the harp, the timbrel, the dance, the stringed instruments, the flute, and the cymbals.
The psalmist is saying, “Get the whole orchestra together. Find every instrument you can, and let's praise the Lord.” Some people don't like that kind of praise, but we are commanded here to praise and to make a loud song to His glory.
Why should we praise Him? Because of who He is and what He has done. Who is supposed to praise Him? “Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord!” (v.6). All nature is praising God today. We are so prone to forget.
LET'S PRAISE THE LORD TODAY AND BRING JOY TO HIS HEART.
TO GOD BE ALL GLORY AND HONOR
(Source: DYNA MOMENTS – W.W. WIERSBE
By: Paeng Santos
- 28/11/2011 11:09 - Seeking justice, end to impunity
- 28/11/2011 11:08 - Tricky marriage transitions — mastered
- 25/11/2011 11:14 - Enrile wise counsel to the MILF
- 25/11/2011 11:13 - Thank you very much Mayor Lobregat
- 25/11/2011 11:13 - How Gloria almost got away!
- 24/11/2011 11:48 - A turning point and a test
- 24/11/2011 11:47 - Self-fulfilling prophecy
- 24/11/2011 11:46 - Signs of collaboration among terrorists in Southeast Asia inspires more resistance
- 24/11/2011 11:45 - Time of reckoning has come
- 23/11/2011 11:12 - Climate change and Philippine deforestation