Thursday, 08 December 2011 12:08
The former Congressman of Zamboanga del Norte, Romeo “Nonong” Jalosjos who is from Zamboanga City was handed with bundles of folders containing 180,000 signatures urging him to run for Mayor of Zamboanga City in 2013.
The occasion was his birthday on November 24, 2011 at Dakak, Dapitan City where dozens of media practitioners, some opposition councilors, opposition personalities and supporters from Zamboanga City were invited.
Jalosjos was very grateful to the people of Zamboanga City who participated in the conduct of the survey asking him to return home and serve his fellow Zamboangueños since Mayor Celso Lobregat is on his last term.
However, Jalosjos made it clear during the occasion that he needs the support of everybody but without pre-condition and if he is convinced that majority of the electorate wanted him to run for Mayor of Zamboanga City in 2013 then he will decide.
The people of Zamboanga City are clamoring for more development be to introduced in the city to catch up with other highly urbanized cities that are now more developed and progressive than Zamboanga City.
As of now no clear cut declaration was made by incumbent local officials of Zamboanga City as to what elective post they are aiming in 2013 local election.
But as to the incumbent Dapitan City Councilor Mercy Arquiza Fernandez of Mercedes, she is aspiring for the 2nd congressional district of Zamboanga City if Nonong Jalosjos runs for Mayor.
- 09/12/2011 11:11 - Peace and order must be Jalosjos' top priority
- 09/12/2011 11:10 - P-Noy strikes at the Supreme Court
- 09/12/2011 11:10 - Be alert for Satan's Snares (Part One)
- 08/12/2011 12:09 - Pursuing peace
- 08/12/2011 12:09 - Has Christmas Failed?
- 08/12/2011 12:06 - President Aquino’s speech at the 1st National Criminal Justice Summit, December 5, 2011 (English)
- 07/12/2011 11:16 - The loneliest woman in Asia?
- 07/12/2011 11:15 - Seeking justice, end to impunity
- 07/12/2011 11:14 - Feast of Immaculate Conception on Dec. 8 is holy day of obligation for Catholics
- 07/12/2011 11:12 - Six symptoms men should never ignore