Friday, 09 December 2011 11:10
Our loving Father understands the inevitable results of sin. He persistently seeks our holiness. Sin has a price. In other words, we reap what we sow. We think we can get away with corruption, immorality, indiscretion, or indecency without paying the consequences.
If you are thinking of violating the law of God, think of these truths: Grace does not cancel sin's consequences. God will forgive us when we sin. He will still love us and use us, but damage will not always be erased.
The truth about sin is ugly. But we must know the truth, the good and the bad, before you can be set free. Jesus told His disciples: “If you abide in my word, you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free” (John 8: 31-32). Christ knew His followers would face many temptations after He was gone. That was why He wanted them to focus on the truth of His Word. Not the instability and spiritual darkness of the world around them.
We sin because we are sinners. Every men and women conceived on planet earth is born with a sin nature, a bent away from God that seeks to live independently of Him, either passively or actively rejecting Him. The evidence that we are sinners is quite obvious. Our daily news is proof enough for the reality of sin.
It's cure is found only in Christ. Jesus loves us unconditionally. His grace is sufficient. We can all lay our hurts safely at His feet, knowing He will support and carry us through the difficulties of life. If you have sinned and you are suffering the aftereffects, turn to God with a repentant heart. He will restore you.
You may be struggling with something that has held you captive for years. Now is the time to ask God to help you face it and deal with it by submitting to His control. Claim the victory that is yours through the power of His Spirit. The moment we depend too heavily on our strength, position or integrity, we are ripe targets for failure.
Our only defense is by a sheer act of the will trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ to resist the devil's overtures. It's again the season of Christmas. Temptations abound for the pleasures of the world. We must realize that it is an imperative need to put back Christ into Christmas and into our life.
With the devil's way, we may get what we want...but we may not want what we get. We must always be alert for Satan's Snares.
TO GOD BE ALL GLORY AND HONOR
By: Bro. Paeng Santos
- 10/12/2011 00:00 - Solar System for Baselco an alternate and legacy
- 10/12/2011 00:00 - Be alert for Satan’s Snares (Part two of three)
- 10/12/2011 00:00 - Peace talks need not be complicated
- 09/12/2011 11:11 - Peace and order must be Jalosjos' top priority
- 09/12/2011 11:10 - P-Noy strikes at the Supreme Court
- 08/12/2011 12:09 - Pursuing peace
- 08/12/2011 12:09 - Has Christmas Failed?
- 08/12/2011 12:08 - Jalosjos promises no pre-condition to supporters
- 08/12/2011 12:06 - President Aquino’s speech at the 1st National Criminal Justice Summit, December 5, 2011 (English)
- 07/12/2011 11:16 - The loneliest woman in Asia?