Wednesday, 14 December 2011 11:08
The regional offices were transferred from Zamboanga City to Pagadian City pursuant to Executive Order No. 429 issued by the President Corazon Aquino sometime in 1990.
This was implemented by then President Gloria Arroyo wherein some of the regional offices are now in Pagadian City.
The issue has a political implication because Pagadian City and its neighboring provinces has more than one million voters versus Zamboanga City’s 362,000.
Last year President Benigno Aquino III issued and Executive Order directing a moratorium while study is being made.
President Aquino has yet to issue a final decision on the issue.
From all likelihood whatever is the decision of the president it will have political color and political considerations.
Let us not give false hope to the regional employees because this is a political issue.
- 15/12/2011 11:47 - Are we really on top of the situation???
- 15/12/2011 11:46 - The Christmas that has yet to come
- 15/12/2011 11:45 - SUMMARY OF THE IMPEACHMENT COMPLAINT VS CHIEF JUSTICE CORONA
- 14/12/2011 11:10 - Biggest losers
- 14/12/2011 11:09 - Let’s get our acts together
- 14/12/2011 11:07 - Eight ways to beat the cold and flu
- 13/12/2011 10:57 - Christmas is Freedom
- 13/12/2011 10:57 - Cold War to World War?
- 13/12/2011 10:56 - The state of human rights in Asia
- 13/12/2011 10:54 - 8 sleep myths, busted