Saturday, 17 December 2011 00:00
With every passing year, stores prepare for the Christmas season earlier. Merchants look forward to Christmas with great anticipation. But what then is the meaning of Christmas? How much more should we worship Him?
The angel on that first Christmas night said, “Unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord” (Luke 2:11, KJV). If we believe this, then it makes all the difference in the world for us. Life takes a new dimension.
As Christians we look forward to Christmas by remembering God’s grace as displayed in the lives of individuals. His grace is still working wonders in our lives today. No one is too sinful for Christ’s blood to cleanse.
At the darkest moment of failure Jesus was born. He became God’s perfect man of Faith, God’s Royal King, and the One who frees all people from their captivity. The hopes and fears of all the years are met in that Holy Night at Bethlehem.
He came by a direct act of God in the fullness of time. Thus we have the mystery of incarnation-Jesus identified with us yet is unique from us.
Looking forward to Christmas we see what God in grace and mercy does for us what we cannot do. Matthew 1:21 tells us why Jesus came- to save His people from their sins. The best news is that His love and grace are still active today.
In Luke 2:17:20. We can look back to the first Christmas celebration to gain insight on how we as 20tj century believers can and should celebrate Christmas.
We celebrate Christmas by telling others about Christ. Verses 17 say: “When they had seen Him, they made widely known the saying which was told them concerning the Child.”
We celebrate Christmas by reflecting on its wonderful meaning. A verse 18 and 19 tells us that everyone who heard about the birth of Christ marveled, and Mary pondered these things in her heart.
We celebrate Christmas by offering praise and glory to God. Verse 20 tells us the shepherds glorified and praised God for all they had heard and seen.
Let’s put Christ back into our Christmas. Tell others about Him and invite them to our church Christmas services. Make time to ponder Him in your heart, and take every opportunity of praising the Christ of Bethlehem.
- 18/12/2011 15:10 - Beware of fake P200 bills being circulated by unscrupulous persons this Christmas season
- 18/12/2011 15:09 - Mothers who work part-time may be happier, healthier
- 17/12/2011 00:00 - How about a Commission on Impeachment?
- 17/12/2011 00:00 - Chief Justice lambasting the President on impeachment is harmful
- 17/12/2011 00:00 - Do you know your child's learning style?
- 16/12/2011 10:26 - ‘Coronarroyo Court’ under siege
- 16/12/2011 10:26 - Grouping scheme as modern approach in Teaching Elementary Mathematics
- 16/12/2011 10:25 - Holiday declaration is executive function
- 16/12/2011 10:24 - PRESIDENT BENIGNO S. AQUINO III’s SPEECH DURING THE POLITICAL CAUCUS RE: ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT AGAINST SUPREME COURT CHIEF JUSTICE RENATO C. CORONA
- 15/12/2011 11:47 - Are we really on top of the situation???