Saturday, 17 December 2011 00:00
The rift between the Executive Branch and the Supreme Court that resulted to the impeachment of the Chief Justice by the lower house and elevated to the upper house triggered a violent reaction from the Chief Justice.
Chief Justice Renato Corona surrounded by the highest tribunal employees and some supreme court justices and judges of the different regional trial courts lambasted President Aquino on the impeachment charges initiated by the representatives of congress.
The support of the Supreme Court employees on the Chief Justice is expected.
The Chief Justice accused the President to have a hand for his removal from office in order that he can have his own chief justice whom he can hold by the neck as he mentioned in the TV news coverage.
Based on public opinion and surveys the President has the support of the majority of the Filipino people in the conflict between the executive branch and the judiciary.
And for the chief justice to lambast the president will do more harm than good to the chief justice.
It is a public knowledge that the executive branch is interested to replace chief justice Corona since the beginning for being a midnight appointee of GMA and the legislative branch that is openly supportive to the President’s move will determine the innocence or guilt of the Chief Justice during the impeachment trial.
- 18/12/2011 15:12 - Judiciary verse Executive and Legislative branches
- 18/12/2011 15:11 - Experts no longer recommend Breast Self Examination as a monitoring tool for cancer
- 18/12/2011 15:10 - Beware of fake P200 bills being circulated by unscrupulous persons this Christmas season
- 18/12/2011 15:09 - Mothers who work part-time may be happier, healthier
- 17/12/2011 00:00 - How about a Commission on Impeachment?
- 17/12/2011 00:00 - Do you know your child's learning style?
- 17/12/2011 00:00 - Praise the Christ of Bethlehem
- 16/12/2011 10:26 - ‘Coronarroyo Court’ under siege
- 16/12/2011 10:26 - Grouping scheme as modern approach in Teaching Elementary Mathematics
- 16/12/2011 10:25 - Holiday declaration is executive function