Saturday, 24 December 2011 00:00
God wants to answer the prayers of those hearts are completely His. 2 Chronicles 16:9 reads: “For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him. “God can accurately orient you to the events of your life. Media, public opinion, and political leaders cannot tell you the truth of your circumstances. Only God can.
Has your heart grown hard toward God? Do you feel as if nothing could soften it? God has a solution. He will separate you from the influences that are destroying you. He will cleanse you from all filthiness and remove everything that has taken His place in your affections (Ezekiel 36:25).
If your love for God is not what it should be, ask Him to renew heart and restore your devotion to Him. Verse 26 tells us that God will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you. He will remove from you your heart of stone and replace it with a heart of flesh, tender toward Him and His word.
God loves us all and will speak to us in time. His answer may come immediately or it may be delayed; but in His perfect timing, it will come. So if it seems as though everything is crumbling around you, and you wonder why you do not see God’s activity, take comfort in knowing that you are loved in heaven. If you are genuinely seeking God’s answers, you can go to your father confidently with your questions. He will respond to you in love.
Luke 11:13 reads: “If you then, though are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven will give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him.”
From our hearts comes our response to God. A part from the cleansing work of the Holy Spirit, our hearts are extremely deceitful (Proverbs 17:9). David prayed that God would cleanse him from the ravages of his sin and purify his heart (Psalm 51:10). God’s greatest desire is that His people love Him with all their hearts (Deuteronomy 6:5). And Jesus said we are blessed if our hearts are pure (Matthew 5:8). So come to Jesus.
- 27/12/2011 11:37 - Phl ranks third after Iraq and Somalia in impunity index On journalist murders in 2011
- 27/12/2011 11:36 - What would Jesus do?
- 27/12/2011 11:34 - What a difference years make!
- 24/12/2011 00:00 - Jesus, the failed Messiah?
- 24/12/2011 00:00 - Two years of rising shooting incidents is too much
- 24/12/2011 00:00 - An Open Letter
- 23/12/2011 00:00 - Flash flood can happen anywhere including Zamboanga City
- 23/12/2011 00:00 - Faith and the spirit of ‘bayanihan’
- 23/12/2011 00:00 - Are you playing ‘Santa’ with taxes?
- 23/12/2011 00:00 - Come to Jesus (Part one of two)