Thursday, 29 December 2011 13:23
The alleviation of poverty and the complete eradication of graft and corruption in government will still remain the top priorities of the Aquino Administration in 2012, a Malacañang official said on Tuesday.
Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda said in a press briefing in Malacañang that President Benigno S. Aquino III’s advocacy to provide a just and fruitful life for every Filipino remains the main thrust of his government next year.
”We will march on and continue with our reforms on poverty reduction and the eradication of graft and corruption,” Lacierda said.
He added that despite the strides taken to improve the country’s ability to provide for its citizens through reforms in government, Lacierda said, the President expects more to be done.
“Our marching orders are the same. We will do better next year,” Lacierda said.
- 31/12/2011 00:00 - Cagayan-Iligan Disaster: Dire Warning for Xstrata-SMI
- 30/12/2011 20:26 - A star is rising in the East
- 30/12/2011 20:25 - Berdugo Palparan shattered AFP CMO
- 30/12/2011 20:18 - New plot to the Philippines-Japan migration story
- 30/12/2011 20:16 - Top 10 hangover foods
- 29/12/2011 13:22 - Lawmakers say Corona's rebuttal to impeachment complaint weak
- 29/12/2011 13:21 - Hataman seeks CSOs help vs illegal logging in ARMM
- 29/12/2011 13:21 - Paje urges parents, grandparents to support call for 'no fireworks'
- 29/12/2011 13:20 - NDRRMC correcting double entries in number of Sendong’s victims
- 29/12/2011 13:19 - UN okays PHL initiative for declaration of 2014 as 'Int'l Year of Family Farming'