Friday, 30 December 2011 20:25
Communist insurgency in the Philippines will continue to be a threat to the country's national security and will continue to strengthen itself if there are more Palparans in the AFP and the PNP.
The alleged killings of suspected CPP/NPA sympathizers by then former Maj. Gen. Jovito Palparan has destroyed the pro-people approach of the government in solving the insurgency problem.
The efforts of the AFP and the PNP for the last 2 decades were wasted by the irresponsible handling of the internal conflict by disoriented officers like fugitive Palparan who is like a rabbit now hiding after the warrant for his arrest was issued by the RTC Judge of Malolos, Bulacan for kidnapping and illegal detention.
The Civil Military Operations (CMO) of the AFP and the Police Community Relations (PCR) of the PNP which are considered the best weapons in winning the hearts and minds of the misguided Filipinos were totally shattered by Palparan when he was the commander of a military unit in Luzon pompered by his commander-in-chief.
Palparan when convicted must be publicly hanged and not just jailed for life.
Most of the New People's Army members are victims of deception by articulate CPP/NPA propagandists taking advantage of the ignorance of the people in the countrysides aggravated by poverty and injustice.
Civil Military Operations activities must be intensified by conducting dialogues among the people in the rural areas to enlighten them and for local government units to introduce economic development in their communities.
Information drive must be consistently undertaken by both the AFP-PNP and local government units on what the government is doing for the people especially the poor of the poorest.
- 03/01/2012 13:41 - The 10 most ridiculous lawsuits of 2011
- 31/12/2011 00:00 - A peaceful and prosperous new year
- 31/12/2011 00:00 - Zubiri’s resignation, two impeachment complaints top events in Senate in 2011
- 31/12/2011 00:00 - Cagayan-Iligan Disaster: Dire Warning for Xstrata-SMI
- 30/12/2011 20:26 - A star is rising in the East
- 30/12/2011 20:18 - New plot to the Philippines-Japan migration story
- 30/12/2011 20:16 - Top 10 hangover foods
- 29/12/2011 13:23 - We will do better next year – Malacanang
- 29/12/2011 13:22 - Lawmakers say Corona's rebuttal to impeachment complaint weak
- 29/12/2011 13:21 - Hataman seeks CSOs help vs illegal logging in ARMM