Friday, 06 January 2012 12:29
So far, only former Congressman Romeo “Nonong” Jalosjos of Zamboanga del Norte has shown interest in running for Mayor of Zamboanga City after the term of Mayor Celso Lobregat in 2013.
As published in the local dailies, Jalosjos has programs to develop Zamboanga City when he becomes Mayor.
And one of the top priorities aside from development is to address the erratic and deteriorating peace and order that has adversely affected the business and tourism industries in the city.
Jalosjos is supporting the possible creation of the 3rd district. Likewise his cousin Mercy Arquiza Fernandez who is aspiring to be the next Representative of the 2nd congressional district has also indicated her full support to the creation of additional district that will mean more financial support in terms of CDF and Pork Barrel to develop the city.
We have yet to hear from other aspirants for mayor as to their platform of government as the 2013 local election is fast approaching.
If the same procedure will be applied with that of the 2010 election. December this year will be the filing of certificate of candidacy of aspirants for 2013 election.
By Rex Miravite
- 07/01/2012 11:28 - Power is temporary, fame fades
- 07/01/2012 11:26 - A call to reverse the impacts of climate change, environmental degradation and corporate greed.
- 07/01/2012 11:25 - Why we fall out of love
- 06/01/2012 12:35 - Something notable!
- 06/01/2012 12:33 - Year of P-Noy’s ‘Dragon’
- 06/01/2012 12:28 - Teaching: A passion
- 04/01/2012 13:12 - New Year Hope and Happiness for 2012
- 04/01/2012 13:12 - If doing ones best is not enough, get out
- 04/01/2012 13:11 - Davao's "Punch" on Mining
- 04/01/2012 13:10 - Top reasons to eat breakfast