Saturday, 21 January 2012 00:00
The establishment of CCTVs in strategic road junctions and private establishment is very helpful in crime prevention and investigation.
It serves as deterrent for suspected criminals to carry out their intention to commit a crime because the window of opportunity to commit it is hampered if they know that the CCTV can enhance their identity.
But this is purely voluntary on the part of owners of business establishment.
Similarly businessmen hire security guards because it is their obligation to protect their businesses.
While the police are expected to secure the community but not people individually in business establishments.
Considering the necessity and importance of hiring security guards but this is only voluntary on the part of the owners of business establishments and the same is true in the installation of CCTVs which cannot be made mandatory by passing an ordinance as hinted by a local legislator to make it compulsory for businessmen.
- 23/01/2012 14:09 - My birthday wish: Hope in action
- 22/01/2012 00:00 - Currency All-Time Highs And Lows
- 22/01/2012 00:00 - Hope for the Year of the Water Dragon
- 22/01/2012 00:00 - Do we really need a leap second?
- 21/01/2012 00:00 - Whose friends are the Abu Sayyaf?
- 21/01/2012 00:00 - Corona must explain, or resign now!
- 21/01/2012 00:00 - Firmly on the road to modernity
- 20/01/2012 09:56 - A bleak future for the youth in Muslim Mindanao
- 20/01/2012 09:55 - It is honorable for CJ Corona to resign
- 20/01/2012 09:54 - Corona’s ‘day in court’