Wednesday, 25 January 2012 12:25
From all indications, the probable mayoralty aspirants for 2013 local election are coming from incumbent elected officials.
The more candidates for the local chief executive position for Zamboanga City the merrier as far as the Jalosjos camp is concerned according to insiders.
Former Congressman Romeo “Nonong” Jalosjos seems not bothered by any of his known opponents for 2013 local election.
Jalosjos is prepared for a one on one or 3 cornered fight for mayor of Zamboanga City.
With 180,000 signatories urging him to run for Mayor, Jalosjos, who hails from Tumaga, Zamboanga City, has an edge over his opponents especially with the clamor of the great majority of the people for a total change in the local political leadership after the term of Mayor Celso Lobregat in 2013.
Councilor Mercy Arquiza fernandez of Mercedes is sure to run for representative of the 2nd Congressional District if Jalosjos runs for Mayor to compose a team with other members of the group to fast track development and improvement of peace & order.
But it appears that the probable opponents of Jalosjos are reluctant to announce their plan.
- 26/01/2012 10:10 - Fiscal - the operational sovereignty
- 26/01/2012 10:09 - The Gatdula cause célèbre
- 26/01/2012 10:09 - Is criminality still just a perception in Zamboanga City?
- 26/01/2012 10:07 - Enrile being set up for ouster
- 25/01/2012 12:26 - Pinoy kids now emboldened criminals
- 25/01/2012 12:24 - Disobeying God to keep peace with other people is never wise
- 25/01/2012 12:23 - Tightwads and Spendthrifts
- 24/01/2012 11:21 - No taxpayers = No government
- 24/01/2012 11:20 - Judiciary is a very powerful branch without teeth
- 24/01/2012 11:20 - Defense fears Drilon?