Friday, 27 January 2012 10:14
DIPOLOG CITY - The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) has arrested 49 individuals in Zamboanga del Norte for violation of Republic Act 9165 in 2011.
In its 2011 Accomplishment Report, the PDEA has enumerated the operations and apprehensions made and various drug-related activities conducted throughout the province last year.
According to Zamboanga del Norte Provincial Drug Enforcement Officer, Jury Rocamora, 49 individuals were apprehended in the 35 operations conducted in 2011.
Of the 35 operations, 31 were executed thru buy-bust; 3 were conducted by virtue of search and warrants; one involving stop and frisk and one involving delivery.
As of the result of these operations and apprehensions, 49 cases have been filed in various courts throughout the province. Thirty-one cases were filed in Violation of Section 5; 25 were in Violation of Section 11; 8 were in Violation of Section 12 and 2 cases were filed in Violation of Section 16.
The operations were conducted in coordination and cooperation with the police operatives in the different municipalities. The bulk of the operations were conducted in Dipolog City and Dapitan City with 12 and 11 operations respectively.
Apart from operations and apprehensions, PDEA has also conducted wide information dissemination campaign in the different barangays and schools in the province and provide the public, particularly the youth of the ill-effects of illegal drugs in a human body.
By JPA/ATR/PIA9-Zambo Norte
- 28/01/2012 00:00 - Is there hope for the Year of the Water Dragon in the Philippine Islands?
- 27/01/2012 10:16 - The iniquity of ignorance
- 27/01/2012 10:16 - 'Come home, Joma'
- 27/01/2012 10:15 - Sigma Rhoans in impeachment trial
- 27/01/2012 10:14 - Do women feel pain more acutely than men?
- 26/01/2012 10:10 - Fiscal - the operational sovereignty
- 26/01/2012 10:09 - The Gatdula cause célèbre
- 26/01/2012 10:09 - Is criminality still just a perception in Zamboanga City?
- 26/01/2012 10:07 - Enrile being set up for ouster
- 25/01/2012 12:26 - Pinoy kids now emboldened criminals