Saturday, 28 January 2012 00:00
Probable mayoralty candidate former Congressman Romeo Jalosjos needs a team to work together to fast track the development of Zamboanga City that is lagging behind compared with other highly urbanized cities in the country.
Past local chief executives including the incumbent have done their own contribution in developing Zamboanga City but there are still a lot of rooms for further improvement including especially in the field of peace and order.
It is a commonly said that 2 heads are better than one and these are needed in the local governance.
On peace and order Zamboanga City has a very peculiar geographical situation since it is surrounded by provinces and cities with lawless elements where they can just come and go after committing crimes
Nonong Jalosjos and Mercey Arquiza Fernandez have so far made their intentions that they are aspiring for mayor and representative of the 2nd congressional district, respectively in 2013 election.
Jalosjos needs advisers and consultants to compose a team to hasten the development of Zamboanga City and restore a stable peace and order condition.
- 30/01/2012 12:34 - The great poverty divide
- 30/01/2012 12:33 - The good that can come from Corona’s impeachment trial
- 30/01/2012 12:32 - Jalosjos should institutionalize Zamboanga’s crime prevention master plan
- 28/01/2012 00:00 - The great pain of justice denied
- 28/01/2012 00:00 - The fruit that did not fall
- 28/01/2012 00:00 - Is there hope for the Year of the Water Dragon in the Philippine Islands?
- 27/01/2012 10:16 - The iniquity of ignorance
- 27/01/2012 10:16 - 'Come home, Joma'
- 27/01/2012 10:15 - Sigma Rhoans in impeachment trial
- 27/01/2012 10:14 - Do women feel pain more acutely than men?