Monday, 12 March 2012 11:14
Political battle in Zamboanga City calls for strong challengers who are visionary, creative, imaginative and with strong political will and sufficient campaign funds, to be realistic about it.
With all due respect, the local opposition at present lacks some of the above-mentioned important criteria in the political arena.
The present administration has already established a very strong foundation politically and has all the means to keep the local opposition at bay unless new personalities come into the picture to neutralize the political strength of the party in power.
Under the present circumstances, it is impossible for the local opposition to capture political power in the forthcoming 2013 election and possibilities are the minority remains a minority (minute-rity?) for life.
by Rex Miravite
- 15/03/2012 11:51 - ‘PMA Breeding Ground of Putschists, Cheats, Fascists No More’
- 13/03/2012 14:38 - Is Aquino ready to end impunity?
- 13/03/2012 14:36 - Battle of the Superfoods
- 13/03/2012 14:35 - Are you guilty of schadenfreude?
- 12/03/2012 11:15 - Catholics grooming Pacquiao for President?
- 12/03/2012 11:13 - Job search rules to break
- 12/03/2012 11:11 - Ten fascinating facts about cats
- 11/03/2012 00:00 - Philippines ranks 2nd in ratio of women in senior mgm't
- 11/03/2012 00:00 - PH improves in economic freedom ranking
- 11/03/2012 00:00 - Time Capsule: On church and mining