Thursday, 22 March 2012 12:41
Need some house repairs? Want little beauty pampering at home?
The TESDA Specialista Technopreneurship Program (TSTP) answers all these needs and more!
Launched in Zamboanga City on December 14, 2011 at the TESDA Regional Office in San Roque, Zamboanga City, the TSTP involves selecting and organizing certified graduates/workers within a cluster of related qualifications into small entrepreneurial groups/aggrupations composed of 10 members/specialistas to provide multiple service jobs to households and nearby communities. These specialistas are given free uniforms and tools to allow them to provide quality home services to all their clients. A TESDA Nurturer provides appropriate advices that help strengthen their values and introduces simple and practical methodologies in managing their self-employment or enterprise endeavors.
Initially, four groups were piloted in the region last December, two in Zamboanga City and another two in Zamboanga del Norte, both having Beauty Care and Wellness Service and Building/House Repair and Maintenance as skills aggrupations. The Beauty Care and Wellness Service Group offers massage therapy, reflexology, manicure and pedicure, hand and foot spa, hair cutting, hair rebonding, hot oil, and hair scalp treatment. The Building/House Repair and Maintenance Group accepts electrical works, masonry works, carpentry works, tile setting jobs, and house painting jobs. By the end of first semester, a total of 20 aggrupations are expected to be operating in the region.
The TSTP is a new program of TESDA Secretary Joel Villanueva designed to be a team development model for communities with the mission to help TESDA-trained and certified workers get into productive undertaking by providing home services required by their immediate environment. This project is not only expected to generate jobs but also develop team work, demonstrate excellence in service delivery, and develop values and behaviors.
For more information about these services, please contact Ms. Marilou Olayan at TESDA IX Regional Office or call the office at telephone numbers 991-3229 and 955-9434.
by: joycwee/TESDA 9
- 23/03/2012 00:00 - LRA chief part of conspiracy vs. Corona
- 23/03/2012 00:00 - Paradigm shift: A must!
- 23/03/2012 00:00 - Fear of Japan gave birth to Davao City
- 22/03/2012 12:46 - A Lenten Message
- 22/03/2012 12:43 - It’s a woman’s world, Gabriela!
- 22/03/2012 12:40 - Six reasons why you should never retire
- 21/03/2012 14:07 - The mangos that saved a village
- 21/03/2012 14:06 - Look beyond pay for greater job satisfaction
- 21/03/2012 14:06 - Open yourself up to love
- 21/03/2012 14:04 - Top five 'bad' foods that are actually good for you