Monday, 02 April 2012 10:54
that you did not wait for John
to blaze that trail behind; after all he exists
only in the legends of the locusts, wilderness, and rivers; besides, our generation
remembers not the events of the Red Sea, Sinai, Jordan nor the Nile.
As the sole monarch of this day
no one defies your word for John is too trivial as to create a stir
in your courtyard; so the royal rite of the Passover is again celebrated
all for Caiaphas’ capricious want.
Ask me not to walk
that red carpeted isle to the throne for it only widens the chasm
between us; by inheritance it belongs to no one
else but Pilate; it has never been a part of my passion in this
lifetime; perhaps in the remotest time beyond.
Left without any worthwhile artifact on the auction block, carrying a cross without Simon
is the best deal l could squeeze out as my passport back to Eden; while Salome dances in gay abandon
for a crown of flames…in exchange of John’s
head on a plate
By Clem M. Bascar
- 03/04/2012 11:48 - Is your body language costing you a promotion?
- 03/04/2012 11:47 - Seven foods that burn fat
- 02/04/2012 10:56 - Helping others is Our path to happiness
- 02/04/2012 10:56 - Lessons of the Lenten season: Emulate Jesus in the struggle for freedom
- 02/04/2012 10:54 - The importance of arresting retired general Jovito Palparan Jr.
- 31/03/2012 11:20 - April 1, 2012 marks arrival of Jesus in Jerusalem 2000 years ago
- 31/03/2012 11:19 - Sub-state again?
- 31/03/2012 11:18 - NUJP to DILG Sec. Robredo: Order a manhunt for Reyes brothers ASAP
- 31/03/2012 11:18 - Five fresh foods you shouldn’t keep in your refrigerator
- 30/03/2012 11:05 - How we help end hunger