Thursday, 10 May 2012 13:06
The meaning of the word "TRIUMVIRATE" according to Webster Dictionary refers to Roman History which means any group of three (3) men in authority (Not Women).
The word is especially applied to the political association of Pompey, Julius Caesar and Crassus (60 BC) to seize power (the 1st triumvrate) and to that of Mark Antony, Octavius and Lepidus (2nd triumvirate) after the death of Caesar.
Since the word "Triumvirate" is erroneously applied by the political party in power in Zamboanga City it was weakened and dismantled with the junking of Erbie Fabian from the political scene for the 2013 election.
From all indications the 2013 election could be the "Waterloo" of the present local administration brought about by disunity aggravated by a formidable force entering into the picture headed by Nonong Jalosjos running for Mayor and Mercy Arquiza Fernandez for congress in the 2nd district.
The words "Formidable Force" are borrowed from the top local official who described Nonong Jalosjos group as a formidable force in 2013 election.
by Rex Miravite
- 11/05/2012 10:30 - What is Uncle Sam’s Asia-Pacific strategy?
- 11/05/2012 10:29 - Council aspirants have specific field of expertise
- 11/05/2012 10:26 - Time and Real loving relationship
- 11/05/2012 10:24 - How to prevent identity theft
- 10/05/2012 13:07 - The Awakening
- 10/05/2012 13:04 - The politics of dogs
- 08/05/2012 12:49 - A Mockery of Philippine Sovereignty in MILF-held Areas
- 08/05/2012 12:46 - Bigger issue in Tulfo-Barreto airport row
- 08/05/2012 12:41 - K to 12 Curriculum
- 08/05/2012 12:39 - How to compliment your guy