Friday, 11 May 2012 10:26
They say time is gold; but for me it isn’t. Time is even more precious than diamond which is said to be the hardest and needing the longest time to form. Time is more valuable than any expensive element in this world because neither gold nor diamond could form real loving relationship and sustain it. But time can.
Yes, it takes time to know one another, additional time to understand and more time to accept and more more time to truly love one another. Without time nothing could be planted, nurtured and harvested. No real loving relationship can be formed when everyone is just too busy to start one, when every human soul is too engrossed of one’s self, of one’s needs and wants. If ever there is a relationship that was formed due to pressure or necessity but none between the couple is willing to spare time to develop it deeply, then, it remains as superficial as it can be.
What makes the mother loves her child so much? Yes, the child is the flesh of her flesh the blood of her blood, yet, what makes the bond stronger is the time spent the mother borne the child in her womb and the time needed the mother took care of her child till he/she is independent to stand on his/her own.
Even between adopted child-parent relationship time is of the essence. They are not bound by flesh and blood but because of the time they spent together that gave opportune chance for caring and nurturing physically, emotionally, and spiritually a real loving relationship was born.
And in friendship, there are those who are just around giving you their crying shoulders when you are sad, patting your back when you need encouragement, hugging you when you feel insecure, raising you up when you are down. These could only be experienced when there is time given to do them.
Truly indeed, time is an invaluable element in forming real loving supportive relationship that each one of us needs to live contentedly. Do you agree? PLEASE, DO! the author is a teacher of Don Pablo LMHS, Gov. Ramos Ave., Sta. Maria, Z.C.
by Lorbina Ocaya - Majindi, Ed. D.
- 12/05/2012 11:53 - What will the Ombudsman testify on?
- 12/05/2012 11:53 - Triad minus one equals two - wad breaks triumvirate
- 12/05/2012 11:52 - The change I am seeking in the world today is me
- 11/05/2012 10:30 - What is Uncle Sam’s Asia-Pacific strategy?
- 11/05/2012 10:29 - Council aspirants have specific field of expertise
- 11/05/2012 10:24 - How to prevent identity theft
- 10/05/2012 13:07 - The Awakening
- 10/05/2012 13:06 - Triumvirate of local administration wrongly applied
- 10/05/2012 13:04 - The politics of dogs
- 08/05/2012 12:49 - A Mockery of Philippine Sovereignty in MILF-held Areas