Saturday, 28 December 2013 00:00
My wife, Martie, is a great cook. After a long day I often look forward to the smell of spicy aromas that promise a tasty feast. Not only does she know how to prepare a meal, but she is also a master at the presentation. The colors of the food on the plate, beautifully arranged in a harmony of meat, white puffy rice, and vegetables welcome me to pull up my chair and enjoy her handiwork. But the food was not so attractive before she got her hands on it. The meat was raw and squishy, the rice was hard and brittle, and the vegetables needed to be scrubbed and trimmed.
It reminds me of the gracious work Jesus has done for me. I am well aware of my frailty and propensity to sin. I know that in and of myself I am not presentable to God. Yet when I’m saved, Jesus makes me a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17). He takes me just as I am and makes me just as I should be—“holy, and blameless, and above reproach” (Col. 1:22). He presents me to our Father as a thing of beauty worthy to be in His presence.
May His transforming work on our behalf stimulate us to live up to the presentation and to be humbly grateful to Christ for His finishing work in our lives!
Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me—
All His wonderful passion and purity!
O Thou Spirit divine, all my nature refine,
Till the beauty of Jesus be seen in me. —Orsborn
Jesus takes us as we are and makes us what we should be.
- 05/12/2014 14:55 - Greetings December 5, 2014
- 31/12/2013 00:00 - Prayer Deceember 31, 2013
- 30/12/2013 00:00 - Prayer Deceember 30, 2013
- 29/12/2013 00:00 - Prayer Deceember 29, 2013
- 27/12/2013 00:00 - Prayer Deceember 27, 2013
- 26/12/2013 00:00 - Prayer Deceember 26, 2013
- 25/12/2013 00:00 - Prayer Deceember 25, 2013
- 24/12/2013 00:00 - Prayer Deceember 24, 2013
- 23/12/2013 00:00 - Prayer Deceember 23, 2013