Friday, 17 February 2017 14:09
Personnel of Police Station 11 are still looking for the policeman whose firearm went-off inside a mall along La Purisima street, last Tuesday
Superintendent Ariel Huesca, chief of Police Station 11, said that a certain PO2 Ibrahim Cabangunay Ganih entered the Mindpro Mall with an unidentified woman.
Huesca said, PO2 Ganih was allegedly unloading his issued firearm before submitting it for safekeeping to the security guard, when it allegedly burst.
Probers added that the policeman immediately left the area together with the woman who was believed to have been injured in the incident.
Police investigation showed that at about 2:45 p.m.,PO2 Ganih later returned to the mall to retrieve his handgun but failed to get it.He then left the mall leaving his police badge and identification card.
The police contacted several hospitals in the city looking for a woman with possible gunshot wound but yielded negative result.
The handgun, police badge and identification card is now under the custody of the police.
The incident is still under investigation. (Eugene A. Lasprilla)
- 18/02/2017 12:02 - Activities set for ‘Rabies Awareness’ month
- 18/02/2017 12:01 - Military suffers 14 casualties in clash with terrorist groups
- 17/02/2017 14:10 - City invites Bato to 80th Dia de Zambo fete
- 17/02/2017 14:10 - Phivolcs reiterates call to assess old buildings in city
- 17/02/2017 14:09 - Beng, CPOC tackle strafing incident
- 17/02/2017 14:02 - Two hurt in vehicular accident
- 17/02/2017 13:56 - Celso condemns Buenavista attack
- 16/02/2017 13:33 - Barangay Chair admits existence of fixers in Zambo City Hall
- 16/02/2017 13:30 - Beng orders no let-up in ops vs suspects in bus strafing
- 16/02/2017 13:11 - Rural bus ambushed in Zambo