Friday, 17 February 2017 14:09
Mayor Beng Climaco convened the City Peace and Order Council (CPOC) Thursday afternoon to tackle Tuesday night’s bus strafing incident in the east coast that left 8 passengers wounded.
Climaco specifically wanted to know the progress in the investigation and pursuit operations launched by the authorities against the attackers of Rural Transit Bus 9554 along the MCLL Highway in barangay Buenavista, 58 kilometers east of the city.
The mayor likewise wanted to ensure that a comprehensive security plan is in place to prevent similar incidents from happening in the future. The management of the Rural Transit bus were also put to task to ensure that necessary measures are adopted for the safety and security of passengers.
Updates with regards to the status of the 3 victims confined in the hospital as well as assistance provided to them were also discussed.
Rural Transit bus 9554 with 35 passengers on board, was enroute to Pagadian from Zamboanga when fired upon simultaneously on both sides by lawless elements in km 58 barangay Buenavista. The city government promptly responded to the incident through the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO) and the City Health office which facilitated the transfer of the wounded victims from the Curuan Hospital to the Zamboanga City Medical Center.
Climaco reiterated her directive to the police and military to continue operations against lawless elements who prey on hapless civilians in the area.
Meanwhile, Climaco who just came from Sultan Kudarat to attend the 1st SILG Meeting with Regional Peace and Order Council chairpersons and vice chairpersons-Mindanao cluster, likewise relayed to the CPOC the results of the Sultan Kudarat gathering with Local Government Secretary Mike Sueno. (Sheila Covarrubias)
- 18/02/2017 12:15 - Police: ambush meant for us, not passenger bus
- 18/02/2017 12:02 - Activities set for ‘Rabies Awareness’ month
- 18/02/2017 12:01 - Military suffers 14 casualties in clash with terrorist groups
- 17/02/2017 14:10 - City invites Bato to 80th Dia de Zambo fete
- 17/02/2017 14:10 - Phivolcs reiterates call to assess old buildings in city
- 17/02/2017 14:09 - Policemen looking for cop whose gun burst inside mall
- 17/02/2017 14:02 - Two hurt in vehicular accident
- 17/02/2017 13:56 - Celso condemns Buenavista attack
- 16/02/2017 13:33 - Barangay Chair admits existence of fixers in Zambo City Hall
- 16/02/2017 13:30 - Beng orders no let-up in ops vs suspects in bus strafing