Friday, 17 February 2017 14:10
Philippine National Police Chief Dir. Gen. Ronald “Bato” de la Rosa has been invited to keynote the 80th Dia de la Ciudad de Zamboanga on February 26.
Mayor Beng Climaco has formally invited the PNP chief to grace the celebration marking the Charter Anniversary of the city and other activities highlighting the city’s firm commitment to security.
The Dia de Zamboanga celebration started Feb. 1 and will run until Feb. 28.
The commemorative program on Feb. 26 will kick off with the Grand Civic-Military Parade, 3 PM from the Zamboanga Fire Station to Paseo del Mar, which will be held concurrently with the Zamboanga Drum and Lyre Competition.
Zamboanga City was formally inaugurated as a chartered city on February 26, 1937, making it one of the oldest chartered cities in the Philippines. It also marks the day when the first set of City officials, led by Mayor Nicasio Valderoza, was sworn into office. (Sheila Covarrubias)
- 18/02/2017 12:57 - Police, military assure hi-ways safe for travel
- 18/02/2017 12:54 - Police launches drive vs traffic violators
- 18/02/2017 12:15 - Police: ambush meant for us, not passenger bus
- 18/02/2017 12:02 - Activities set for ‘Rabies Awareness’ month
- 18/02/2017 12:01 - Military suffers 14 casualties in clash with terrorist groups
- 17/02/2017 14:10 - Phivolcs reiterates call to assess old buildings in city
- 17/02/2017 14:09 - Beng, CPOC tackle strafing incident
- 17/02/2017 14:09 - Policemen looking for cop whose gun burst inside mall
- 17/02/2017 14:02 - Two hurt in vehicular accident
- 17/02/2017 13:56 - Celso condemns Buenavista attack