Thursday, 02 March 2017 11:59
The Chairman of the Peace and Order Committee in the City Council, Josephine “Pin-Pin” Pareja asked the city police to strengthen and intensify their campaign against illegal drugs in Zamboanga City.
According to Pareja, she is dismayed with the campaign against illegal in the city because a lot of drug pushers continue their business, especially since President Duterte ordered the police to suspend the Oplan Tokhang and Double Barrel.
“Lantaran. Binanggit pa nga sa may barangay Tumaga nandoon pa rin ang drugs operation,” Pareja said.
“Di nila alam, akala nila siguro hindi sila huhulihin. Akala nila siguro dahil na-stop ang operation ay hindi na sila huhulihin. But they are wrong.” Pareja added.
She called on the police to still arrest those involved in illegal drugs in the city since this is part of their job as law enforcers.
Pareja added that the city government is also doing its best to identify the best way to totally eradicate the drug menace in Zamboanga City. (Alinazar Hail Lahid/Emedia News)
- 02/03/2017 12:03 - Explosive materials, ammo seized in Mampang house
- 02/03/2017 12:02 - Intensified enforcement of traffic code underway
- 02/03/2017 12:02 - Zambo City under state of calamity due to 'cocolisap'
- 02/03/2017 12:01 - Suspect in killing of EJ Rosal released from jail
- 02/03/2017 12:00 - Pasonanca water level remains low
- 01/03/2017 11:54 - City reiterates stand on repatriates from Sabah
- 01/03/2017 11:53 - Man claims he was abducted
- 01/03/2017 11:53 - Eight charged for Valentine’s day bus ambush
- 01/03/2017 11:52 - One dead, another hurt in hacking spree
- 01/03/2017 11:52 - Police search for mom of recovered dead infant