Wednesday, 08 March 2017 13:28
Malacañang on Tuesday said that President Rodrigo Duterte is set to sign an executive order (EO) on a nationwide smoking ban that will follow the Davao model.
Presidential Spokesman Ernesto Abella said the revised draft of the EO prepared by the Department of Health (DOH) has already reached the President’s desk on Tuesday morning.
“It will be signed as soon as the President comes to the office. The revision was already submitted at 8 a.m. this morning (Tuesday) to the Office of the Executive Secretary and then it will be signed as soon as the President comes back,” Abella said.
The Palace official said that under the EO, smoking inside buildings would also be prohibited aside from public places.
“Basically, (Health) Secretary (Paulyn) Ubial was given the directive to make sure that part four of the existing EO would be revised and to follow the Davao model,” he said.
Davao City, where, Duterte was mayor for more than two decades, has been implementing a total smoking ban in public places.
“The Davao model does not include smoking indoors. And so that was revised and so there would be no smoking indoors,” Abella said. (PNA)
- 09/03/2017 12:13 - (On Dia de las Mujeres:) Climaco champions women empowerment
- 09/03/2017 11:58 - Zambo athletes depart for 2017 Regional Athletic Meet
- 08/03/2017 13:30 - (City Council to Congressmen:) Zambo City needs 3rd Congressional District
- 08/03/2017 13:29 - Military: 32 Abu Sayyafs dead, 22 wounded in clashes with troops
- 08/03/2017 13:28 - ZCSPC moves closer to becoming a University
- 08/03/2017 13:27 - Woman mauled, robbed
- 08/03/2017 13:26 - City Council supports entry of ZamSolar in Zamboanga
- 08/03/2017 13:26 - PESO holds job fair March 10
- 07/03/2017 11:48 - Shooter misses target, ends in hospital bed
- 07/03/2017 11:47 - Girl takes own life